anybody actually bought a car from keighley trade centre

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2barGee

anybody actually bought a car from keighley trade centre

Post by 2barGee »

as the above states?????
2barGee

Re: anybody actually bought a car from keighley trade centre

Post by 2barGee »

supposed 2 be in general sorry
aliendoughnut

Post by aliendoughnut »

i went to Keighley to look at mr2s and to be honest i wasn't impressed all the cars i went to see were tatty and hadnt even had a clean up I spent a good 2 weeks looking round the area for a decent mr2 and ended up buying private :whistle:
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

aliendoughnut wrote:i went to Keighley to look at mr2s and to be honest i wasn't impressed all the cars i went to see were tatty and hadnt even had a clean up I spent a good 2 weeks looking round the area for a decent mr2 and ended up buying private :whistle:

how long ago was that???
aliendoughnut

Post by aliendoughnut »

about a year ago all I can advise is take your time :| have some idea of what you are looking for and stick to it personally for me it was Full Service history and a clean looking car I saw some right states when I was looking and its a buyer market at the moment so plenty of choice things to look out for are clutch, radiator, and timing belt if your not sure about a car then walk away there are plenty out there!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

aliendoughnut wrote:about a year ago all I can advise is take your time :| have some idea of what you are looking for and stick to it personally for me it was Full Service history and a clean looking car I saw some right states when I was looking and its a buyer market at the moment so plenty of choice things to look out for are clutch, radiator, and timing belt if your not sure about a car then walk away there are plenty out there!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i know wat your sayin mate, dont want2 rush into anything really. Just want a car thats had loasds done 2 it so i dont have 2 fork out anymore!!!! just looking around really tryin2get a feel for good and bad examples
MR2_Turbo

Post by MR2_Turbo »

I wouldn't have a car from there if they gave me it. Me and a couple of mates went up to have a look at what they've got, when we got there the first thing we saw was an Evo with no drivers door lock and wires hanging down from the steering column :shock: . Not the kind of establishment i'd be looking to buy anything from.
Hurstie1981

Post by Hurstie1981 »

I wouldnt touch anything of theirs with a huuuuuuge barge pole!

They are very very poor examples, and i saw them spraying up parts of car is their "showroom" with spray cans.
They also use insulating tape and tie wraps to hold on bits of the body....its like a graveyard for cars!
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Hurstie1981 wrote:I wouldnt touch anything of theirs with a huuuuuuge barge pole!

They are very very poor examples, and i saw them spraying up parts of car is their "showroom" with spray cans.
They also use insulating tape and tie wraps to hold on bits of the body....its like a graveyard for cars!

y do they charge sh*t loads for a lot of their cars????? just been looking through their website and most of their seem so expensive?????
MR2_Turbo

Post by MR2_Turbo »

Do they still have the big comedy yellow Lexus in corner? That thing's ridiculous.
Hurstie1981

Post by Hurstie1981 »

I cant explain why they charge so much, probably to rip off the inexperience of some other enthusiasts.
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Gee Man wrote:supposed 2 be in general sorry

Moved to General....
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
michael

Post by michael »

Buying cheap from KTC is a false economy you *will* end up spending lots more fixing all the 'issues' they seem to supply with each car.

Read the other Japanese car forums and you'll get the idea :)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22kei ... +centre%22
fozzymr2t

Post by fozzymr2t »

id not touch anything from that bunch of cowboys ive been there asked to test drive a car showed em my licence insurence the lot i was then told itd be too powerful. (id turned up in my old pulsar gti-r 300bhp.) it was a standardish r32 gts-t then i asked him to at least start it i was told no he cant then proceded to still try and sell me the car telling me it was a great looker. so he was trying to sell me a car i cant hear start or drive the phrase suck my balls keighly though i never did see tonto there
paulmann

Post by paulmann »

this place is a joke!!

First looks mean everything and they don't give a f&ck!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”