www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
1994 GT-S - Whats it worth?

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emicen

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: 1994 GT-S - Whats it worth? Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

My mates got a K plate hardtop GT-S in red and I've heard he's just wanting rid of it hence he's selling it cheap (rumour has it theres a scooby on the way). Its got no tax or MOT. What do you reckon it'd be worth?

Mods (I know of)
2 or 3 piece split rims (duno which brand)
Bomex front bumper
Aftermarket skirts and spats (if thats the right term, the little bits at the front behind the wing)
Blitz Access ECU
HKS filter
Dual exit Jap style exhaust

Condition wise theres a few chips in the bumper and skirts but thats about it.

(changed the title [Cool] )

Last edited by emicen on Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
steve b
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5

1997 Mazda Eunos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

K plate rev2 turbo autotrader puts them at about 4000, looks a fine car, why break it ?

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter [Surprised]) .
emicen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'm trying to gather opinions on what its worth at the moment, I always thought it was a nice enough car. He just seems to have fallen out of love with it.
Fonzy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

If he doesnt care much about his car right now its probably cos its got issues he cant be assed to sort out! cars worth between 3.5 - 4k in good nick! find out whats wrong with it and do you sums, from the outside its a fine looking car! normal issues lie with suspension! horrible clunky bumpy ride really puts people of these cars even though its easy to fix if you can be assed!
Find out and report back, all can be sorted for the right fee.

Good luck! [Laughing]
Fonzy
shafster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

i'd say going rate for hardtops at the mo is 3-4k depending on mods and condition. a car without tax or mot will struggle to get 3k as people will think there's something wrong with it.
emicen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1994 GT-S - Whats it worth? Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Added some more pics. Forgot its got a Toms scoop as well.
craig

Feedback Score: 141

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Looks a damn smart car!!! [Cool]
Leon.

Feedback Score: 46

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

To sell with no MOT, that's just silly!! Why not spend 30-40 and then not have to reduce 300-500 'cos no-one wants it!! If there's something knowingly wrong then he can't expect much anyway! I'd guess 3,500 on current prices, maybe as low as 3k as Shafster says as its got no MOT or tax [Rolling Eyes]

Price is normally dictated by mileage and condition (body and engine). Year is less important, but don't expect anything back from kits etc!

[Wink]

Last edited by Leon. on Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
craig

Feedback Score: 141

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Leeroy wrote:
To sell with no MOT, that's just silly!! Why not spend 30-40 and then not have to reduce 300-500 'cos no-one wants it!! If there's something knowingly wrong then he can't expect much anyway! I'd guess 3,500 on current prices, maybe as low as 3k as Shafster says as its got no MOT or tax [Rolling Eyes]

[Wink]

good point! Get the thing MOT'd and taxed!!! [Wink]
raptor95GTS

Feedback Score: 8

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

maybe I missed something but a 94 GTS with a K plate and airflow meter?

Its late at night be gentle [Embarassed]
Rikki

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Its a 92 or 93 Emicen mate.

Ive seen the car in person and its pretty good.

R.
Hedgehog Dodger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: 1994 GT-S - Whats it worth? Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

emicen wrote:

Is it me or does it look like there is oil on the IC pipes, just as it bends before then throttle body and the directly above that on the pipe from turbo to IC. The BOV vents to atmosphere that way too....my old REV2 did that when the oil seals failed on the turbo....when the bov vented to Atmos a little of oil that was passing would vent out too.

Might be just my eyes though

[Smile]
EarL
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Just a shadow dude.

If he decides to break it, I've got first dibs on the front bumper and sideskirts! [Very Happy]
emicen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Rikki wrote:
Its a 92 or 93 Emicen mate.

Ive seen the car in person and its pretty good.

R.

I think I may have me years mixed up. Just thought about it and if my L plate 205s a 94 and me J plate 185s a 92 then his does indeed have to be a 93!
senie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

l=93/94 (nov 93 when rev3 was produced)
k=92/93
j=91/12

assuming its a k plate:

With about 80ooo miles+bills+cambelt done=3500 tops in mint with mot.

Thats the max i personally would pay.

Howver

a car is worth what someone will pay. Other people might love it, think its a really good drive and want to have its babies and pay 5000. Others might have a different opinion.

Stick it for sale at the highest price. If it dont sell, lower the asking price.

Excuse the gammar, i just cant be ar$ed 2 day. [Sad]
woody

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

its worth more than 3500 for sure!!! with the nice kit and wheels, + it looks like its in very good nick. 4000 but id go for 4200 though.

there are a lot of poo heaps around which are cheap but people will pay more for a genuinely good car.
Leon.

Feedback Score: 46

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

not without an MOT [Wink]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: