Got my car back after 3 weeks :D

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Dale V

Got my car back after 3 weeks :D

Post by Dale V »

Just to let you all know that after 3 weeks without my car I got it back on saturday :D

It was at toyota for 2 weeks where they changed many parts, until they found out it was the dizzy, coil pack and some wiring that were the problems :x

They spent 24 hours in total working on it (£50 per hour + VAT), so in theory they should have charged me £1539.25, but they said that was too much so they only charged me for 4 hours work and the parts which came to £320 :D (i supplied them the dizzy seperate)

So not a bad deal I reckon, I was pooing my pants at the thought of the bill :twisted: So Mr T. aint all that bad :D :lol:
JJ

Re: Got my car back after 3 weeks :D

Post by JJ »

Toyota can fix things after all ! :D
michael

Post by michael »

Makes you wonder if it was just the wire though....

Glad you got it back anyway 8)
Lee @ 3S Service Centre

Post by Lee @ 3S Service Centre »

i think you could be right there michael. I dont think a coil and dizzy would go at the same time.

Toyota for you.......Will try and pry as much coin from you as possible.
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

I guess its possible, but they checked the wiring at the beggining and it's unlikely they would want to keep my car for 2 weeks for nothing. Also i saw all the parts they ordered from Europe (brand new ECU, Dizzy, coil, ignitor...) that would be alot of trouble to go to :lol:

Im just glad to have it back :D
jonno

Post by jonno »

I recently changed my Dizzy, Coil, Leads, Plugs etc. Brian at Powerhouse in Derby and Fensport said that they had never heard of an MR2 coil ever failing! - I changed it anyway though since I had already brought it :roll:
JJ

Post by JJ »

jonno wrote:I recently changed my Dizzy, Coil, Leads, Plugs etc. Brian at Powerhouse in Derby and Fensport said that they had never heard of an MR2 coil ever failing! - I changed it anyway though since I had already brought it :roll:

Oooo !! I'm living proof of a MR2 coil failing... mine blaintantly packed up one evening... side of the road... threw a code 12 error code, hornsey bruvvers had one laying about, came to the rescue and plugged it in, started and drove home... ordered a new one from toyota the next day... jobsagooden. :wink:
paul_h

Post by paul_h »

me too

i've had a coil that failed at high boost levels, couldn't create a strong enough spark, bought a new one all was well. never had one fail completely though guess i'm not as unlucky as mr JJ ;)

paul
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Dale_V wrote:brand new ECU, Dizzy, coil, ignitor...) that would be alot of trouble to go to :lol:

Im just glad to have it back :D

Dale, if you fancy 'upgrading' that dizzy cap to a copper contact one, drop me a line...
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Hi Dale !!! atlast you got it back !!! bet it feels really quick after tootling about in the fester dont it ?

Mike
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”