Suggested Specs on my new MR2 please guys.

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

chuffy100

Suggested Specs on my new MR2 please guys.

Post by chuffy100 »

Hi guys,
I'm a newbie. Just sold my beloved 87 mk1, to upgrade to a jap import.

I've bought a 1990 2 litre mk2 turbo.
Pictures and specs at address below:
http://www.autoadvan.co.uk/sl/index/sto ... f.797-3553

Looking for people to give me their opinion and also on figures: BHP etc....... 0 - 60 etc......

Cheers people!!
JAP BOY

Re: Suggested Specs on my new MR2 please guys.

Post by JAP BOY »

220bhp MATE jus one little thing thou mate the kit on the car looks abit butchered also some of the cars on there site seems to be a bit underpriced i mean i decnt 1991 rev1 tubby goes for 4k upwards with reasonable milage but who knws :?
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

Looks very nice but not so sure about the kit though,doesn't look very well fitted to me but i'm no expert!
chuffy100

Post by chuffy100 »

I presume by the body work, you mean the back. I admit it looks strange and seems by the picture that it has just been screwed on. I think when it gets here I might get it blended in.

I was thinking of getting the invader body kit as well. I've seen some nice onces around and I think they look well smart.

Wasn't too sure about the wheels as well, but I think I'm growing to like them!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Hi mate
Think the car looks nice as it is - bodywork is unique, loads of 'invader' (veilside) kits around now.

A little tidying up and it'll look the nuts, IMHO.

T
ribbo

Post by ribbo »

looks nice (part from rear bumper sorry), interior shows that it's had some toys installed, hope it comes off the boat well mate and that you have some fun times in it :D

Rob
chuffy100

Post by chuffy100 »

Cheers mate!

Has anyone got any suggestions on what I could do to the back bumper?
Any suggestions on specific kits would be grateful.

Also does anyone know what the piece of equipment is on the dash board.
It's a digital readout, but not too sure what exactly it's for.

Cheers.
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

hehehehehe. Its got a 'Damp valve'.

Rear splitters are awful! IMO
pizza boy

Post by pizza boy »

Hmm it looks like a track car to me chuffy..have you already bought it? Itll have low miles for the year as its probably only ever been thrashed on a track on weekends..the signs are all there...drivers only bucket seat, more gauges than a space shuttle, harness bolts, bodykit may be due to acc damage which is bound to happen on track, im assuming itll have coilovers as its not standard ride hieght. Hm well if its been well maintained hopefully itll be ok..
The dealers sellin you the car are simply purchasing dirt cheap ex track cars. Many UK importers do the same. Basts.
Cliff

MR2 Turbo

Post by Cliff »

Go for the Ferrari replica kit.. lol.

I think it looks quite nice apart from the rear bumper. 8).
KiwiMR2

Post by KiwiMR2 »

Definitly looks nice....nice sides...some brand of front add on lip, and big ugly end caps :lol:

Just buy some nice Phoenix power end caps to replace them :)

http://paranoia.tuug.fi/~jh/tmp/autospeed_mr2_mk2.jpg

Apex RSM....older version though, measure speed & acceleration etc to give an idea of power output etc. Looks like a GT2 RS-R exhaust too.

Looks like a nice MR2.....how much $$??

Cheers
KiwiMR2
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Skywalker wrote:hehehehehe. Its got a 'Damp valve'.

LOL I noticed that too! I originally thought it was to monitor water ingress from a leaky T-bar roof, but probably not condering the cars is a hardtop. :lol:
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by branny crashed turbo »

looks like it has all the toys you need to turn any long journey into a short one!

wheels could do with being bigger to fill the bodykit.

dont like them bonnet clip things... on any car!

with it being rev 1, you may want to check if the brakes have been upgraded, i worry about rev 1 drivers... how do they stop? :wink:
shafster

Post by shafster »

looks like it's got a tasty rsr exhaust on it too :)
Jayng

Post by Jayng »

Not a track car...You can`t mistake a track car from Japan.

Looks like a car that was previously owned by a person who had aspirations to go on the track but never got round to it.
Track guys would have a go at him for putting all that extra weight by add-on type kits.

Look at the parts and you can get an idea of what the previous owner was like.... He`s gone and put on an inexpensive kit because he is young and doesn`t earn loads, leaving him enough cash to spend on the rest of the car. Again most of the extras arent hardcore racing stuff, but it does look like he`s spent most of what he earnt.. He`s even got the clear OEM indicators as well as having the sidestrips colour coded.

Make sure you get the car serviced properly when it gets here and have fun...

BTw Pizza boy, I bought a 94 car for a customer not too long ago ;-) Now that one had more gauges than the space shuttle!! If you want I can send you pics as it`s worth looking at the interior!!

pizza boy wrote:Hmm it looks like a track car to me chuffy..have you already bought it? Itll have low miles for the year as its probably only ever been thrashed on a track on weekends..the signs are all there...drivers only bucket seat, more gauges than a space shuttle, harness bolts, bodykit may be due to acc damage which is bound to happen on track, im assuming itll have coilovers as its not standard ride hieght. Hm well if its been well maintained hopefully itll be ok..
The dealers sellin you the car are simply purchasing dirt cheap ex track cars. Many UK importers do the same. Basts.
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Jayng wrote:BTw Pizza boy, I bought a 94 car for a customer not too long ago ;-) Now that one had more gauges than the space shuttle!! If you want I can send you pics as it`s worth looking at the interior!!

Nah! Post them on here so the rest of us can see them! :)
Jayng

posting pics

Post by Jayng »

Anyone tell me how to post pics without having to upload to another url ??

You guys gotta see this car...

although the outside looks more or less standard, it has a few goodies.

Power FC, Phoenix Power SPL exhaust, Ohlins shocks/springs and a nice interior ;-) Not an all out racer but a nice street cruiser.

Drove it back from the auction and it shifted!! Didn`t realise how quick until I bought another 94 tubby the followning week. The other tubby was standard except for Tein coilovers, Trd engine mounts, Cusco MZ LSD, Exedy clutch. Drove that one back as well....Boy that Cusco diff is noisy!! I`ll try and take some pics of this one as it`s still parked at the garage here in Japan.

I get paid crap wages at the mo but I love my job ;-) You should see other cars that I bought for dealer friends !!
michael

Post by michael »

Hi Jay, it's been a long time since I've seen your name on IMOC, nice to see you here.

You can't show pics unless they are uploaded somewhere at the moment, if you email me them I'm happy to host them or you could try one of the free image hosts:

http://www.imageshack.us
http://photobucket.com
michael

Post by michael »

Posting for Jay....

1994 Rev3 MR2 turbo GTS
Aepxi induction,
Apexi Power FC
Cusco Font and Rear strut braces
Uprated leads and plugs
Blitz Dual SBC
Loads of Blitz gauges, water, oil temp, oil pressure, Exhaust Gas temp and a few others
TRD white dial speedo and clocks
Garage Fukui/Phoenix Power SPL exhaust
Recaro Tomcat seats Ltd edition (only 75 pairs made) carbon backed with pump adjustable lumbar support.
Ohlins shocks and springs
17" AVS alloys
Uprated clutch (yet to ascertain make but not overly heavy)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”