exhaust noise dB??

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

steve b

exhaust noise dB??

Post by steve b »

Ok, question for those trackday people, what exhaust have you got and what was the noise @4500rpm?

Very worried my APEXI Hayabusa won't pass.... :(

It was for this reason a few years back I went to H&S to get a custom performance system built which was also trackday friendly, with under 98dB.

Some exhaust systems from Japan have baffles that you can insert into the tips so the noise level meets the JASMA limit of 98dB, which often is a limit they try to keep to at trackdays.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
steve b

Re: exhaust noise dB??

Post by steve b »

spooky... :shock:

I didn't write that reply to myself.... although I have called Hayward & Scott about a month ago to get a quote to replace my Apexi with a similar but quieter Single exit setup...

Good price of £300 I was quoted
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: exhaust noise dB??

Post by Lauren »

My SC runs at 84db @4500rpm (as tested at Combe last Sat).

no problems at any tracks with that. I have a magnex system.

Return to “Modifications”