Pics and Vids from Anglesey today

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Adam_B

Pics and Vids from Anglesey today

Post by Adam_B »

just got back, what an ace day. Perfect weather, perfect organisation by bookatrack and imoc and my little corsa performed really well and behaved herself all day:) Big thanks to all the people that came over to chat and all the nice comments, was a bit unsure about taking it tbh :)

Was a bit sceptical about anglesey, its only about a mile long but omg what a mile. Upto radar, lift off, left, right and let the back end meet you on the next straight :D Very satisfiying.

picees

i ran a bit wide coming out the hairpin, and someone apears to have died in the paddock :o

towards the end of the day i had a big moment coming from school going into abbots, lift off oversteer, didnt catch it, sideways onto the infield over a big ass concrete kerb, doh! thatl be one new pro race2, rear beam and a mudflap please. quite lucky i could drive it home, gutted about the flap like.

some other pics-

how quick was this!

vids from my car and lees mr2 up later :)
Adam_B

Re: Pics and Vids from Anglesey today

Post by Adam_B »

2 vids, first is me behind lee for a bit, then me failing miserably at trying to keep up with the caymen :lol:

http://bookatrack.com/-PFadam20xe299424 ... o/x-ms-wmv

then a lap from me, get a bit of lift off oversteer coming out of radar complex

http://bookatrack.com/-PFadam20xe299424 ... o/x-ms-wmv

:)
leewaring

Post by leewaring »

Top pics and vids chief!
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

Nice pics mate!! Didn't realise you'd done any damage when you span I remember passing you going into abbots (facing the wrong way)

I'm just downloading the vids now.... Good work that man \:D/
ImageImage
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

Adam, that was me in the Red Mk1, Andy, muchos respect dude! Awesome display there on how to tame the front-drive...

Love the Corsa... love the oversteer.... !!!

:mrgreen:
Adam_B

Post by Adam_B »

:lol: =D>

been looking for a new wheel today, rimstock dont make pro race 2s in 16s anymore :( ar$e
MartG

Post by MartG »

Can anyone repair it, or are you going to have to swap all 4 wheels ? :evil:

Nice XE installation BTW =D>
Adam_B

Post by Adam_B »

im not too keen on repairing it, its taken a big whack. best ive found so far is 4 wheels with tyres 2nd hand for £300. but there the wrong offset, i would have to get 5mm machined off to get et45, the search continues.
Adam_B

Post by Adam_B »

GET IN!

rung rimstock on the off chance they might have 1 left, and they do!! from the deepest darkest corner of the warehouse 1 new pro race 2 is on its way to me now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: woo hoo!
MartG

Post by MartG »

Result ! =D> Well done :D
leewaring

Post by leewaring »

Good one mate! Thats a bit of luck! =D>
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Top vids! ;)

the uberbarge was something else in terms of gooning. :)
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
System-G

Post by System-G »

Especially liking the first vid 8) You got me taking it easy in the first session :lol:

I didn't realise it was you in the Corsa until later in the evening when speaking to a few people. We should have introduced ourselves to eachother. Did you see your old exhaust on my car? :wink:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
Goldexie

Post by Goldexie »

Hello,

I had the Gold/Rust X19 at Angelsey. I just wanted to say what a freindly bunch you all are, and Very many thanks for helping me out at the end of the day. My throttle linkage broke at a weld (not my welding, but someone of similar incompetance I reckon) 2 of your finest, were quick to offer help, and gave up some cable ties which did the job. I managed to get back all the way to Brighton, which I certinaly wouldn't have been able to do otherwise.

I had a great time, thanks to all,

Cheers James
anna

Post by anna »

Goldexie wrote:Hello,

I had the Gold/Rust X19 at Angelsey. I just wanted to say what a freindly bunch you all are, and Very many thanks for helping me out at the end of the day. My throttle linkage broke at a weld (not my welding, but someone of similar incompetance I reckon) 2 of your finest, were quick to offer help, and gave up some cable ties which did the job. I managed to get back all the way to Brighton, which I certinaly wouldn't have been able to do otherwise.

Cheers James

Hiya there James!
Good to see you there on Saturday - the 2 'finest' (hmmm - that's gonna inflate their egos) were Tom, or 'Icsunonove' (hmmmm... I wonder if he owns an X19 :-k :lol: ), and Chris, or 'Limeymk1'. All round top blokes those two =D>
Good to hear you got back safely!

anna
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Cheers James

Fantastic, glad you got back alright.

As they say if you can't fix it with cable ties or gaffer tape it ain't worth fixing. :lol:

Shame we couldn't do the same for Marks Mk3. :(

Chris
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

Cheers James

It was nice to meet you for a short time :) Your car was a work of art and cable ties are amazing things :D

-Paul and Michelle
Adam_B

Post by Adam_B »

System-G wrote:Especially liking the first vid 8) You got me taking it easy in the first session :lol:

I didn't realise it was you in the Corsa until later in the evening when speaking to a few people. We should have introduced ourselves to eachother. Did you see your old exhaust on my car? :wink:

yeah i get that quite a bit in the corsa :lol: had no idea you were the chap that bought the exhaust, but now youve said it i rember you saying you were doing anglesey!
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

James,

I was absolutely made up to see your X1/9 on track. My username is “Icsunonove” which is phonetic Italian for X1/9 (as you probably know).

It really has fired my enthusiasm for installing my 1800cc Twin Cam (from my scrapped rusty Lido X1/9) into my Mica Blue Gran Finale (which I still own).

The guy who came to the rescue with the cable ties was Chris (username limeymk1)

The X1/9 and Mk1 MR2 are really related, because the X1/9 was the inspiration for Seichi Yamauchi’s team to design the Mk1.

Really glad you made it home ok.

Best regards,

Tom

1978 Fiat X1/9 Lido, 1988 MR2 Mk1 Supercharger, 1998 Lotus Elise S1

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”