Wotever happened to ...... the paul port WI!!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nutter

Wotever happened to ...... the paul port WI!!

Post by nutter »

Did anyone ever get their Paul port WI kits? The ones from last december that paul was making? I stopped chasing Paul around 6 months ago and i wondered if he thought i didn't want it anymore :cry:
Sidewinder

Re: Wotever happened to ...... the paul port WI!!

Post by Sidewinder »

Hmm...I remember Mr Port showing some pictures of a digital replacement to the standard boost gauge some time ago (in 2003?). It looked fantastic!

I guess Paul has been busy for some time now.
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by paul port »

Still here...
Actually, I've built 6 kits and have finished playing with the software - it's now 3D mapping built in.

I've just not advertised the fact that they are ready.... and I kinda lost the list of all those interested... oops.
Johnny G has a kit, as does Dino, and Matt Papworth..
MATT - if you see this, I will need to re-program your controller if you want the 3D functions!!

Costs:
Single pump ~ 260
Twin Pump ~ 340
Includes a M5 Nozzle, pipe 'n stuff.
All you need is a Crimper or soldering iron, and a 10mm Drill.

I'm sure most will only ever want a single pump system as it is good to ~250mL/Min and to be honest, it's all Ive used for 3 years - advantages of Twin Pump, less pulsy flow, higher sustained pressure at high flow rates.

Shame I can't attach files to this forum or I could post the instruction manual... It was on the files section of imoc - but that's gone.

Paul

PS, as for busy... well, when I was working in Slough, I used to spend a few hours each night after work doing my other things... Can't do that at this new company..

Boost gauges - made a few of those as well... Only for Rev3's though
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

do you offer fitting service for the water imjection ?? and how does it compare to the leading brand , just doing some more research before fiiting my st205 charge cooler, best to do both same time ?
michael

Post by michael »

SFLee wrote: how does it compare to the leading brand?

Paul's *is* the leading brand ;)
Hedgehog Dodger

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

michael wrote:

Brown noser....you trying to get him to build a Supra one and use your motor as the demo :wink: :D :lol:
michael

Post by michael »

Hedgehog Dodger wrote:
Brown noser....you trying to get him to build a Supra one and use your motor as the demo :wink: :D :lol:

Well there is a huge market for this kind of thing ;)
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

Hedgehog Dodger wrote:
michael wrote:

There universal ;)
M5
paul_h

Post by paul_h »

SFLee wrote:and how does it compare to the leading brand ?

I have one of his original twin pump kits with the basic controller. This compared to the ERL basic kit is no comparison, I was actually disapointed when I fitted the ERL to a friends 200sx the mist produced seems quite poor in comparison

I am definate believer in pauls kit, just need to think about bugging him for an upgrade to my existing controller :)

paul
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

paul port wrote:Boost gauges - made a few of those as well... Only for Rev3's though

I remember they looked fantastic, and many people got quite excited when you announced them at the time. What's the price on these, Paul? Despite my '2 being on SORN at the moment, I'm severely tempted... :)
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by paul port »

Huge market? yes probably.... However, as with everything it's having the time and space to build the things... And as I'm going to have to look for somewhere new to move to in the next month and a half - the latter is going to be on short supply again!
I have bits to build about 12 systems and that will be it. Let me know who's in and I'll prepare the kits to post next week (as above inc post).

I'll sort out web-space for the instruction manual in the next couple of days.... (Courtesy of Rogue Systems - cheers Patrick)

Paul

PS… Happy new year to everyone… This New Years I will be mostly spending in the UK, Birmingham to be exact (oh poosticks – at least I’ll save enough to have a great time at the Nurburgring at Easter… counting the days)

michael wrote:
Hedgehog Dodger wrote:

Well there is a huge market for this kind of thing ;)
ryan_s3

Post by ryan_s3 »

Can i just ask are they for mr2 tubbies only?As far as the mapping goes?
paul port

Post by paul port »

Ok, a quicky on the mapping...
There is an RPM input with two thresholds.
Below threshold1, there is another control for flow rate,
Between 1 and 2, the pump(s) run at full rate - limited by the nozzle size)
Above threshold 2 there is a control for flow rate.

Next you have two adjustable settings for the input trigger voltage. Normally you would hook this input to your 0-5v turbo pressure sensor.
Pumps start to run at the Low setting, and reach full capacity at the High setting. This combined with the RPM windows defined above gives
a 3D flow graph.

So, the In Built mapping functions are applicable to any 4-cyl car with a 0-5v map sensor, though you would have to work out the characteristics of any non-MR2 sensor. A 6-Cyl tacho signal has a slightly higher frequency for a given RPM so all that would be needed is to take into account a scaling factor on the RPM points.

Best wait for the manual as it should answer questions better.

Paul

ryan_s3 wrote:Can i just ask are they for mr2 tubbies only?As far as the mapping goes?
ryan_s3

Post by ryan_s3 »

Well i'm interested in one,let me know when your ready.
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

If you could put me down for one that would be great....money ready and waiting :wink:

Mikejc

Return to “Modifications”