intercooler fan

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

hobbes

intercooler fan

Post by hobbes »

Firstly; sorry, I'm a newbie here and I realise that all I'm doing is asking questions and not really able to put anything positive back into the forum as far as help goes (unless someone's got a question about Ducati 748s - I'm pretty darn good on that subject). Hopefully that'll change over the coming months as I get to grips with my new toy.

Now for the question... Is your intercooler fan supposed to be on all the time? Mine comes on the moment you turn the key regardless of whether it's been sitting all night or whether I've just had it out for a play 10 minutes earlier.
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Re: intercooler fan

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

[Homer]hmmmmmm, Duuuucaaaati[/Homer]

Had the priviledge of having a go on a 748sps. Really nice! The way it sits you is cool too, although did ache the wrists after a while! Ah the noise :D

Righty, open your engine lid. And on the actual engine lid, on the inside, in the middle, near the bottom should be a cable, which has a little plastic plug on the end. Make sure this is plugged into sensor mounted on the engine lid. This is the engine temp sender. If its not plugged in, the intercooler fan will run constantly. Cheap mod for the summer months 8)

HTH
ANDY FINDLAY

Post by ANDY FINDLAY »

i would leave it on all the time m8 mines was faulty and the intercooler would never come on my warning light on my dash was always on untill i disconected the switch to the intercooler no more probs now but
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

Skywalker wrote:[Homer]hmmmmmm, Duuuucaaaati[/Homer]

Had the priviledge of having a go on a 748sps. Really nice! The way it sits you is cool too, although did ache the wrists after a while! Ah the noise :D HTH

Ah yes, the noise! There's really nothing else quite like the primal scream a pair of Termignoni's make at full pelt.

I've got the SP. Much the same as the SPS - they got the titanium con rods, mine got the bigger exhaust system and three word titles. The now infamous Ducati wrists can be cured by doing lots of sit-ups so you can hold yourself in the right position using your stomach muscles (then just let your arms go all dangly). The other way is to ride it much faster so that the airflow over your chest holds your body up.

Anyway, back to the original topic. Thanks for the info, I'll go and have a peek under the lid to see if there's a spare plug dangling around.
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

I've checked all the connections and they were all plugged in. Does anybody have any other suggestions? A sticky relay maybe?

Return to “Electrical”