Help with the battery

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tubbylad

Help with the battery

Post by Tubbylad »

I bought an accident damaged MR2 and the passenger side door light stays on as the door is stuck open a little.

Due to this they guy I bought the car from had been disconnecting the battery to stop if going flat.

It is not an official toyota battery thats in it. So I am looking to replace with a proper toyota one.

The yellow light on the dash is staying on all the time when the car was running and I have read this is to do with a sensor or something on the official battery ?

Where is this sensor ?

Cheers
Merlin

Re: Help with the battery

Post by Merlin »

the senser is actually fitted in the OEM battery, and you will find a cable floating about that will plug in to the battery, mostv people have the bulb removed from the dash, as they dont go for the proper OEM battery

Regards
Rob
Tubbylad

Post by Tubbylad »

Merlin wrote:the senser is actually fitted in the OEM battery, and you will find a cable floating about that will plug in to the battery, mostv people have the bulb removed from the dash, as they dont go for the proper OEM battery

Regards
Rob

whats the price of a toyota battery ?
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

god knows, probably sh#T loads lol, give em a buzz tomorow, make sure ur sitting down a?
:lol:

regards
Rob

Return to “Electrical”