A Big Thanks

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

V8Killer

A Big Thanks

Post by V8Killer »

WOOOHOOOO. Its back with a VERY VERY nice look (not sure about the pink bits) but then again we do drive hairdresser cars :D . Overall very impressive.

Just want to say a big thanks for everyone who helped get this running again.

BenF, Aidy, Mark and EVERYONE else!!!

WELL DONE ;)

Muhsin
JJ

Re: A Big Thanks

Post by JJ »

"not sure about the pink bits"

Not into pink bits muhsin ?? maybe browns your thing !!! :oops:

As MB has already mentioned ! Looking good !! :wink:
jonno

Post by jonno »

Not sure about the "Aidy" part.
michael

Post by michael »

jonno wrote:Not sure about the "Aidy" part.

Who? :?

:wink:
Patrick Gray

Post by Patrick Gray »

Love the new look guys,seems to be really user friendly.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

V8Killer wrote:WOOOHOOOO. Its back with a VERY VERY nice look (not sure about the pink bits) but then again we do drive hairdresser cars :D . Overall very impressive.

Cheers Muhsin :D

Those that need to take bows include:

Mark Mailer - for helping us with the old site, and working with us to allow us access to the site, content and moving the Domain names around

Esmond - For actually doing the work to put together this site, he's busy putting together a beta test site at the moment where we're going to try 'new stuff' that we're looking to roll over onto this site

Toni, Patrick, Lauren and the others in the Admin team for generally helping the work in whatever capacity they could.

Err, and I guess myself. I built two Win2003 servers during the week and spent time trying to work with Aidy and the old site but to no avail. I've actually bought the current hosting for the site, and I beleive its got a good future ahead of it with some good things in the pipeline - but as it is now costing real money we've got to look at how we can support the site in future.
Lee @ 3S Service Centre

Post by Lee @ 3S Service Centre »

big thanks goes out to you ben for paying for hosting at the moment.

cheers Ben "You Da Man" lol

lee
Grajey

Post by Grajey »

If it's costing 'real money' then I wouldn't have any problems paying a small fee.

This site is invaluable and is a great resource. I have saved a good wedge of cash using the free advice from the peeps on here.

Thanks to all those who got IMOC going again!!!!
Gefunk

Post by Gefunk »

This is soooooo much better how imoc should of been...now the thing is who has kept there original imoc names or changed them? I have changed mine...was N/A beast and now obvisouly now known as Gefunk, who else has changed?

Gav
Pete

Post by Pete »

Excellent, love this new style. Much more user friendly

Looks really cool 8)
Pete

Post by Pete »

p.s. talking about new names, I was athers_mr2, or Pete_Atherton. Now just plain old Pete :wink:
paul_h

Post by paul_h »

V8Killer wrote:WOOOHOOOO. Its back with a VERY VERY nice look (not sure about the pink bits) but then again we do drive hairdresser cars :D . Overall very impressive.

BenF, Aidy, Mark and EVERYONE else!!!

WELL DONE ;)

Muhsin

I like the pink bits matches the current colour of my car :)

paul
paul_h

Post by paul_h »

but as it is now costing real money we've got to look at how we can support the site in future.

how about something like the american site where people can pay a small fee and then get a board sponsor logo next to their name.

I'm sure a lot of frequent users wouldn't mind paying.

paul
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Absolutely. I know IMOC-UK was originally proud of being a 'free' car club, but I guess we've got to move with the times.

£10 or £15 would be a reasonable amount to charge in order to keep the site running smoothly IMHO.
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by Derry »

Great to see the site back up :D Haven't really been a poster in the past but avid reader :wink: I 've had to spend a lot of time talking to me missus since the site's been down :cry:
Urbantiger

Post by Urbantiger »

hear hear as with all the other replys great to be back and bigger and better than before

well done guys.

steve..
stevel

Post by stevel »

Hi everyone its great to be back, I was about to go into rehab if the site didn’t come back soon. :oops:
Well done to every body who put all the hard work into this site.
I also think a small fee is the least we can do to keep things ticking over.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Grajey wrote:If it's costing 'real money' then I wouldn't have any problems paying a small fee.

This site is invaluable and is a great resource. I have saved a good wedge of cash using the free advice from the peeps on here.

Thanks to all those who got IMOC going again!!!!

Cheers!

At the moment, its not a problem as we've got some money left over from the JAE contributions that should see us hosted for the next 9 months or so, no problem - and various Admins have already said they'd be happy to chip in to keep things ticking over.

We're looking into options for making the site self-funding in the future via a variety of different routes.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Nige wrote:Absolutely. I know IMOC-UK was originally proud of being a 'free' car club, but I guess we've got to move with the times.

£10 or £15 would be a reasonable amount to charge in order to keep the site running smoothly IMHO.

Nige, ta - from the poll on the old site before it dissapeared we got some good feedback as to the prices people would potentially consider paying for a hosted site.

Any fees would reflect only the cost of running the site - IMOC isn't a business, we're not interested in making a profit - the only reason we're all here is that we are all MR2 nuts :D
Dave Burke

Post by Dave Burke »

Yaay! A proper forum!

Nice one guys.

I'm willing to pay a membership fee to cover costs, no probs. 10-15 quid would be perfectly reasonable.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”