mr2 challenge 2006

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

racing23mr2

mr2 challenge 2006

Post by racing23mr2 »

greeeeat news for 2006 the mr2 challenge will be stand alone mr2 mk1/2 only. 4 doubleheaders 4 single races, no dates will keep you informed. =D>
anna

Re: mr2 challenge 2006

Post by anna »

wow - congrats!

I take it you're still in 750mc?
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

I understood there were to be 16 races in total - 4 double headers with the 750MC and then 8 individual races with the Classic Car Club, making a total of 12 meets.

Should be great! If anyone wants to buy a fully race prepped mk2 (except tyres - we don't know what they're going to be yet) then we have one available at the moment and another due before Christmas.

Rogue
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Tell us how much :wink:

T
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

tonigmr2 wrote:Tell us how much :wink:

Hi Toni,

PM sent. Basically we have two prices depending on the engine installed, later engines reflecting the market price and being more expensive. All our race cars include:

-Full six point roll cage
-Recaro seat
-Sparco four point harness
-LED rain light
-Internal and external ignition cut-off
-Fully plumbed in OMP fire extinguisher (3 nozzles in cabin, 3 nozzles in engine bay, internal and external activation)
-Tein springs
-Aftermarket exhaust (manufacturer varies)
-Aftermarket air filter (manufacturer varies)
-Aftermarket steering wheel (manufacturer varies)
-Stock 15" wheels
-Interior removed
-Aircon removed
-Race tyres
-New Clutch
-New Cambelt
-New Spark Plugs
-New Distributor Cap and Rotor Arm
-New Oil and Filter
-New Coolant

...and probably some other stuff I've forgotten... I'm sure you've seen my race car! The one we have up for sale at the moment is car 60 which Paul Port has raced for us at Cadwell and Snetterton. It's picked up some cosmetic damage on the driver's door from where Paul decided to rub a TVR, but nothing too bad - it's a race car! The exhaust is TOM's and the air filter is HKS.

We're also offering a sponsorship deal in that we'll pay the entry fee for the first (single) race in return for keeping our stripe and logo down the side for the duration of the season.

Best regards,

Patrick Mortell
Rogue Systems Limited
01676 530222
darcy

Post by darcy »

I have been following the posts on the challenge with great interest - thanks to those that took the time to document your experiences.

I would love to see the challenge grow and incorporate a mk2 turbo class - particularly considering the 'relative' low cost vs performace of the mk2 turbo.

The issue of limiting the cost is an obvious, and extremely valid one, but not a difficult one (correct me if I'm wrong) to address.

Running high boost for 10 laps is very different from 12 seconds at the strip, and it would be very easy to spend 25k on engine rebuilds in a season, a senario that no one wants and is a competition of budgets/wallets, not driver capability and consistency.

I would suggest modifications that promote reliability (chargecoolers, maybe forged internals) are expenses that can be justified, and can be performed on a limited budget like mine.

Modifications such as stand-alone ECU's, large turbo's, and capacity increases should be avoided.

Off the top of my head there are only three solutions.

1) is to have a single engine supplier with sealed units.

- not ideal and cost is high.

2) is to have compulsory engine trade / purchase.

- not sure on this one - thought I once read about a series where you could force your competitor to sell their engine to you for a 'fixed by the rules' price. i.e. if you thought a competitor had an advantage, you could force them to sell you their engine for £xxxx. Great idea - as it would not be worth your while spending more than £xxxx on your engine - only to have to 'swap' it with someone else for free...

and possibly saving the best to last?

3) 32mm 'rogue/fensport/a n other' inlet restrictors (cost should be £20-40) that would limit power to 280/300bhp, meaning ct20b and ct26, rev1,rev2 rev3 + would all be playing off a 'relative' level field and all acheivable for little cost.

what do you think? - I'm bored of track days and want to race. I've also just (ok so it took a year to plumb and wire) put a GTE into my trackday sw20.....

I think half a dozen 300bhp sw20's, b811s-out in the wet would be un-missable - anyone want to watch?

Darcy.
:twisted:
racing23mr2

turbos in 2006 mr2 challenge

Post by racing23mr2 »

can i suggest you go onto the mr2 challenge web site and talk to steve vince the series organisor i like your thinking and as we are looking to go to a mk2 ourselves in 2007 why not a turbo
MidnightRaven

Post by MidnightRaven »

sorry to interupt...my boyfriend cantfindausername told me there is a mr2 racing club for mk1 and mk2 mr2 N/A's.

I'm guessing this is what he is talking about.

Could you tell me a little more about it, or at least their website address?
MidnightRaven

Post by MidnightRaven »

:oops: my bad...found it now!

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”