[Mk2] [Turbo] Error code 12 and revs hunting, won’t idle.

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

msherry21

[Mk2] [Turbo] Error code 12 and revs hunting, won’t idle.

Post by msherry21 »

Hi all, right, I’m getting fed up with this fecking car now!
I have an error code: 12, distributor or wiring issue.

I can’t set the a ignition timing due to the revs hunting and refusing to have a steady idle. I have the TE1 and E1 terminals bridged.

All earths/ wires coming from the distributor plug look good and I’ve already replaced the coil/plugs/dizzy cap/ rotor and distributor itself. Leads were replaced maybe 2 years ago.

I’m looking for someone to either come out and help diagnose the actual problem or help fix it or at least lead me to the problem, I’m all out of ideas and it’s really just frustrating me now.

Cheers, Michael.
Http://www.planet-wax.com, Mobile Car Valet & Car Detailing based in Glasgow.
mr2magic

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Error code 12 and revs hunting, won’t idle.

Post by mr2magic »

I would hazard a guess, that the wiring to the 4 pin dizzy connector has a problem. Remove the connector and have a good look at the wires/contacts. It may be one is frayed.
Bear87

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Error code 12 and revs hunting, won’t idle.

Post by Bear87 »

I agree with mr2magic I would check all the wiring between the distributor and the ecu first. (Testing is at least free) however i had a similar problem and it was the knock sensor!
Have you checked the capacitors on the ecu? Really common issue.
What rev is the car does it have a amf? That would explain hunting and unusual error codes. I would be happy to come and help anyone but in in Essex its a little way from Glasgow!

Return to “Mechanical”