www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[FINALIZED] 1994 Rev 3 GLimited V6

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This topic is locked: You cannot finalize it    www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2s for Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainen
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1998 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: 1994 Rev 3 GLimited V6 Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Sale of my 1994 3.0 V6 powered MR2 G-Limited Rev 3. I personally converted the car over 15 months between January 2014 and March 2015. The car has been running on the road for the last two years and has covered only 4,000 miles since conversion. The engine is a 1MZ-FE (non VVTi) and came from a Camry that had covered only 71K miles with a good Toyota service history. I installed a new timing belt at the time of conversion. It has the benefit of a Fidenza lightweight flywheel along with a turbo pressure plate. The gearbox has had the Woodsport 5th gear conversion. The MR2 itself was fully stripped down and has had nearly all of the running gear replaced with new stuff. Bodywork is solid as are the sills. Car was fully under sealed at the time of conversion and had a spray of waxoil. It has working air-conditioning. T-Bar seals are leak free. Both sunshades are present as are the T-Bar storage bags. Electric folding door mirrors. Interior is cloth and is in very good condition with no rips to the drivers seat bolster. Oil and filter change has been done each year since conversion. MOT until March 2018, one advisory now fixed (offside front inner track rod end).
Modifications and parts replaced on the car are detailed below:
BC BR Series Coilovers
Goodridge Performance Brake Hoses
EBC Performance Discs
EBC Performance Brake Pads
Genesis Volt 17Ē Black Wheels (ET35) Ė 7J front and 8J rear
Toyo Proxes T1R tyres, front 215/40 and rear 235/40. Covered only 4,000 miles
Full set of Powerflex Bushes
Full set of new drop links
New Air Conditioning Radiator
New Aluminium Radiator
New Front and Rear lower ball joints
New Track Rod Ends
New offside inner track rod end
Refurbished Front Calipers
All of the brake dust covers were replaced with new
MOMO Millennium Sports Steering Wheel
Lockwood White Instrument cluster faces
MR2 Anniversary sills (from MR2 BEN) moulded onto originals
Pioneer SPH-DA100 Head Unit
Varta high power battery
Mongoose Exhaust
Hawk aftermarket remote central locking with two key fobs (basic door lock no flashing indicators or alarm function)

The car has been fully restored and is in full working order. As you will appreciate a car of this standard and spec has had a considerable amount spent of which I appreciate Iím not going to recover that amount. So the car is for sale at £4,995 ono. Usual private sale rules apply, sold as seen, no warranty and release of keys will not take place until funds are bank transferred and available to see in my account.

Offers in the region of £3,995 will be considered for the car with the 17Ē wheels being replaced by standard wheels.

Thanks for looking and please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss the car in more detailÖ..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XwsXPrl0khpJhtZg2
juliankv73
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 110

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Great example and cheap considering the effort and detail into the conversion

GLWTS [thumleft]
rainen
Premium Member

1998 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thanks for the kind comments. Yes I think it is good value but as always the market dictates the price and at this point in time there seems to be no buyers, plenty of interest. Iíve reached my lowest price for this spec of car now and will have to put it into hibernation for the winter. Probably not a good time of year to sell anyway. Nigel
rainen
Premium Member

1998 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Added a couple of videos to the photo share showing the engine starting and running from cold and a walk round of the bodywork.
rainen
Premium Member

1998 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Any interest at £2,995 with standard suspension and Rev 5 wheels??
mrtwo-red
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

hi looks lovely
what is the drivablity compared to say a turbo version as im looking at a turbo this week
not really looking for out & out speed ..used to have an nsx until the rececssion hit and loved its supply my wife had s2000 but I thought it was tooooo manic and no torque .
I know its difficult to put in words ?
p.s where are you based . cheers
rainen
Premium Member

1998 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Never driven an MR2 turbo so difficult for me to comment personally. The V6 is all about torque through the gears. It just pulls like a train smoothly all of the time. Iíve followed a few turbos on country drive outs and have no problem keeping up with them. Lots of stuff on the forums about the comparison but personally unable to compare. Iím in Cheshire.
mrtwo-red
Premium Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

hi guy let me down on sale of my Vectra gsi 2.5
would be interested with out wheels and bc's ..
forgot to say im extremely busy at moment what time frame do you need
rainen
Premium Member

1998 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'm in no rush to sell.
mrtwo-red
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: v6 mr2 Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

cool im interested as I say without susp and wheels . my tel no is 07773372657 (paul)
how long would it take for you to put it to a 2995 position . if you want a depo I could do that ..
rainen
Premium Member

1998 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Text sent
rainen
Premium Member

1998 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Deposit taken
Feedback Bot

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was mrtwo-red
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This topic is locked: You cannot finalize it    www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2s for Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: