www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
M793UMO - Anybody recognise this car?

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tsia
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: M793UMO - Anybody recognise this car? Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

So, this is soon to be mine after a look over and test drive, anybody recognise this?

Sills are of course rusty, but I couldn't see much else up with it. Any info on the car appreciated!
danjama

Feedback Score: 3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The plate rings a bell and I knew it was a white turbo before the image loaded. Not sure where I know it from.
Tsia
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

It's been advertised on Gumtree etc. for a few days prior to me picking up the advert. I couldn't see anything drastically wrong with it when I drove it, so unless someone comes up with a real killer bit of history, I'll be picking it up on Saturday [Smile]
androo007
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The last MOT states both rear inner arches..... I'm guessing rotten. Hope you got it for a price which allows for some welding! I'd bet rear sill right through to and under rear bumper.

Needs a new set of tyres too.
Tsia
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yup, spotted that. Definitely needs the sills welding up and the tyres are not only very low on tread, they're the wrong size on the wrong size wheels for the car. Definitely changing those out ASAP. Beyond those (which I assume is the immediate previous owner) every other 'mod' etc. appears to be very well done (by the owner before last I can only assume). Proper Lockwood dials, Rev 3 turbo engine put in by Rogue etc.
androo007
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Cool! Most unless garaged need some sort of bodywork to a degree now so as log as you go in eyes open and account for that you're golden. When you get it pop off the side vents and rear bumper and that'll tell you the extend of the rot.

Do love a white mr2. Looks great
pbmr2
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Rust is the main issues with these cars, everything else is just bolted to the chassis so can be sorted more easily.

If you are happy to deal with the rust and expect to find a bit more than you currently know of, then it should be all good. providing the engine is strong it should be a fun car [Very Happy]

Nothing else in the MOT history stands out really.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: