www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [NA] Clutch change needed essex area

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bear87
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [NA] Clutch change needed essex area Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

So the rev1 na I bought for a daily has be awesome but was always aware the clutch would slip when giving it the beans.
But today the throttle got stuck on while driving and basicly finished it off [Brick wall]

So now looking to get it replaced. Can anyone recommend a garage close to basildon or a mobile fitter who is familiar with the cars? Can't go far incase the clutch lets go

Any help would be appreciated i would do it myself but so stuck for time.
Gazza_DJ
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Westfields in Rayleigh are the most competent place in Essex as far as MR2's go I think!
Bear87
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Gazza_DJ wrote:
Westfields in Rayleigh are the most competent place in Essex as far as MR2's go I think!

Thanks gazza I thought they would be i just know how busy they are. Not sure how long can wait lol
Bear87
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

So westfields want over 500 with a cheap clutch! More if i want to put in something better.
Does this seem like too much?
Hez
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 7

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Well TCB parts do a n/a clutch exedy for 80+ vat and i wouldnt pay anymore than 200 labour for the clutch, they are having your pants down. 300-350 all in at the most.
Bear87
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hez wrote:
Well TCB parts do a n/a clutch exedy for 80+ vat and i wouldnt pay anymore than 200 labour for the clutch, they are having your pants down. 300-350 all in at the most.

Thanks Hez thats what i was expecting to pay. Obviously I want it done right but 500 is half of the cars value! [Brick wall]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: