Blitz Access ECU (rev1)

Parts for the Mk2 MR2 only (excluding bodywork and wheels/tyres)

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rixx

Blitz Access ECU (rev1)

Post by Rixx »

Selling my Blitz Access ECU for an SW20 Turbo Rev1. This thing is pretty good:

- Direct replacement for standard ECU
- Alters the ignition and fuel curves to increase performance
- Fuel cut removed, so boost can be raised with the use of a boost controller (it's been a while, but I think I was running 16-18PSI with this on a standard turbo);
- Speed limit removed
- Rev limit is greater

Those are the main headlines. Personal feedback - this was the best single modification to my rev1 tubby before I went all in on a rev3 ATS stroker build. You feel the standard turbo for much longer and much harder than that on a standard rev1 ECU. I recall that fuel efficiency was much less though. I had a Blitz Nur Spec and Blitz induction kit installed.

These are now considered rare items and usually sell for £500 to enthusiasts. There's even one on ebay for 1K at the moment. I'll take £450 + delivery. I'd also consider reasonable offers.

Don't hesitate to ask me any questions that you may have

Cheers

Last edited by Rixx on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ringslayer

Re: Blitz Access ECU (rev1)

Post by ringslayer »

Does this one really raise boost pressure or did you need a boostcontroller?
Rixx

Post by Rixx »

It raises boost pressure just as your standard ECU runs the turbo at 8-9psi. The Blitz ECU removes the fuel cut (which is a problem with raising boost pressure using a boost controller on a factory ECU) and also increases the pressure at which it runs. From memory it was about 16-18psi.

Some people may be uncomfortable with running the standard turbo at 16-18psi all the time, so get a boost controller to reduce it to 12psi or something, and then raise it for that extra kick on demand.

EDIT - see post below. Boost controller needed to increase boost pressure
Last edited by Rixx on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrismit

Post by chrismit »

ringslayer wrote:Does this one really raise boost pressure or did you need a boostcontroller?

This does not raise boost pressure... It increases the fuel cut.

You still need a boost controller to increase your boost as its mechanically controlled.
Rixx

Post by Rixx »

Right you are, I just double checked. I used this a number of years ago so really couldn't remember if I had a boost controller fitted while using the ECU.

It turns out that I was.

So retracting my previous point that this raises boost pressure - it doesn't. It has fairly aggressive fuel/timing maps and removes the fuel cut so that you can increase the boost with a boost controller and not get into fuelling issues.
ringslayer

Post by ringslayer »

do you need any other gauges or others? To raise boost pressure safe? Looking to plug in a manual boost controller and boost gauge to look at setting it at 1 bar on a stock gen2, would that be safe?
Rixx

Post by Rixx »

A boost controller and boost gauge will be sufficient to control boost.

It's hard to give any guarantees at all as raising boost pressure stresses other components - and much of that will depend on the state of your components at the moment.

I do remember that the Blitz ECU ran rich ie more fuel (rather than less) was dumped into the engine. On the plus side - fuelling won't be an issue. On the negative side - fuel efficiency isn't optimal.

Where are you based?
ringslayer

Post by ringslayer »

I now run a Mine's ECU on stock boost. Engine has had new gaskets all around, 2000 miles ago. I'd figure I'd just raise the boost and leave it alone...
steven63

ecu

Post by steven63 »

These ecu do raise the boost using the TVSV witch is the cars own stock boost controler but you cant ajust the boost unless you fit an aftermarket controler, the rev1 and 2 blitz ecu usually raise it to 1bar while the rev3 raise to 1.2bar
ringslayer

Post by ringslayer »

When the boost doesn't rise, does this indicate a faulty vsv?
steven63

ecu

Post by steven63 »

most turbo mr2 have had an aftermarket controler fitted at some point and when this is done you need to disconnect the t-vsv, so on most cars it is not actually working, this might be why yours may not be boosting

Return to “Mk2”