Wipers going down into scuttle panel (MK2 Rev1 NA Import)

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tsukijin-Akiyama

Wipers going down into scuttle panel (MK2 Rev1 NA Import)

Post by Tsukijin-Akiyama »

Nearly finished my project now, it has it's first MOT in 8 years on monday, and the last thing to do was put in some wiper linkage as someone had converted it to a single one, unfortunately it was broken when I got the car so I bought a normal linkage and fitted it in.

When I turn the wipers on, the arms go straight down into the scuttle panel and get stuck. Tried taking the arms off, running it then replacing the arms in the park position and they do the same thing. Tried setting them higher and they go over the a frame?
madbasshunter

Re: Wipers going down into scuttle panel (MK2 Rev1 NA Import)

Post by madbasshunter »

Was the single wiper set to centre park? This is done by moving the position of the arm on the motor so it sounds to me like you need to reposition the arm.
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
Tsukijin-Akiyama

Post by Tsukijin-Akiyama »

Not sure if it was set to the centre as I rescued t from a scrap yard by which time it had no arms.

Stupid woman incoming: Is the motor arm inside/under the actual cup for the motor where the magnets are or do you mean something else?
pbmr2

Post by pbmr2 »

There is an arm that spins round on the motor, the while linkage is connected to it. This can be taken off and placed at a different angle. It's held on with a single nut.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”