www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] Can these pipes be blocked off & where does this one go

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killerferret666
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] Can these pipes be blocked off & where does this one go Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Im currently fitting another rev2 engine with rev3 wiring. Hence a couple of the pipes I cant remember where they go as the engine has been out for a while [Laughing]

I know this pipe use to feed into the rubber S bend (yellow tape over the end) joining the turbo, because its in a kitcar, I dont need to refit that and hoped to do a straight pipe, can this pipe be just blocked off or a brether put on? If not ill have to refit the S bend so it gets a feed.

This pipe on the turbo itself, cant tell where it goes easily.

http://miamigt4kitcar.blogspot.co.uk/

twitter for photo's as I'm building -
www.twitter.com/iwanabeaferret
jimGTS
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 35

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Those 2 are not related.

The turbo pipe needs to fit into the actuator (rerouting required if your running a boost controller)

The other pipe feeds to the idle control valve. Fit a breather there.
Standard the hose goes to the intake 'before' the turbo.
killerferret666
Premium Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

jimGTS wrote:
Those 2 are not related.

The turbo pipe needs to fit into the actuator (rerouting required if your running a boost controller)

The other pipe feeds to the idle control valve. Fit a breather there.
Standard the hose goes to the intake 'before' the turbo.

Thanks for the quick reply, I could tell they weren't related but just wasnt sure what to do.

so a 2nd breather that will look ab it weird next to the crankcase one lol

And yes of course silly me, I have the boost controller solenoid not reattached with the pipes yet [d'oh!]
jimGTS
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 35

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

you can put the new breather further back on that line instead if you dont want next to each other.

yeh boost controller can fit between turbo nipple and the empty nipple of the actuator also shown in the pic if you zoom in
killerferret666
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

jimGTS wrote:
you can put the new breather further back on that line instead if you dont want next to each other.

yeh boost controller can fit between turbo nipple and the empty nipple of the actuator also shown in the pic if you zoom in

Did the turbo and acturator last night! Feel like such an idiot for asking that one now!

And youve even backed up what I was going to do as Ill be able to remove the hook bracket as well and clean up the engine look a bit further by putting the breatehr further back [thumleft]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: