www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [NA] Charging problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRINDA1664

Feedback Score: 8

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [NA] Charging problems Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi all

I am still having charging problems with my mr2.

The battery light was on the dashboard when I collected the car a month ago and everything stemed to a dodgy alternator which when I had fitted another one and had the old alternator checked i was told the rotor was bust. I had brought a second hand alternator and fitted it.

The car is still not charging but now when I turn the ignition on the battery light doesn't even come on.

Would else could this be?

I have also checked the am2 fuse.

Any help would be great as I am running out of ideas.

I'm not sure if this is linked but when driving it the battery light, oil level light, parking light and the fan light flicker intermittently.

Thanks
Dan
markstevieandmads

Feedback Score: 4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

check the wiring to the alternator as this gets brittle and breaks down.
TRINDA1664

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

All the wiring is good.

all fuses are good.

I think this may be time for alternator number 3
TRINDA1664

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Problem solved it was another duff altenator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: