www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] Low boost....

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benstanley

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] Low boost.... Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi guys,

I have just bought a rev 3 turbo - Mods are:

*blitz nur spec - cat still in play
*SARD dump valve
*HKS Mushroom filter
*APEXI AVCR

The car doesn't seem to boost over 0.5bar/ 7.25 PSI - Now I read loads of different posts some that contradict one another. What should my first check here be to get my car boosting above 0.5 bar?

I have found a lot of things saying T-VSV but surely mine is no longer in play with the APEXI?

Any help welcomed
MartinF
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

First thing I would do is look for a boost leak.

Inspect all pipework and clamps to look for anything loose or popped off. Ideally you want to pressurise the intake as this will make it easier to spot\hear any leaks.
Benstanley

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Some of the pipes look pretty poorly attached so I'll give that a go. Any tips on how to pressurise the intake
MartinF
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

There are a few ways of doing it, but I cut the bottom off an old baked bean tin, fitted a Schrader valve and then inserted this into the intake pipe to the turbo and attached to my compressor.

Obviously stock turbo pressure is only around 14psi, but if you can pressurise to around 20psi then it can help to spot issues.
pbmr2
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

if it's not a boost leak (the silicone vac hoses split easy, check them) then it could be plumbed in wrong and only using actuator pressure. your boost level is almost exactly stock actuator pressure.
Milo_101
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

If no boost leak found, learn the current settings of the Apexi AVCR, it's your bosot controller after all.
Learn how it works and adjust carefully.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: