[Mk2] [Generic] Spinning Gear Lever Knob

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR22

[Mk2] [Generic] Spinning Gear Lever Knob

Post by MR22 »

Have you suffered from the dreaded spinning gear lever knob problem?

I've tried several different methods to stop this but without success. The threaded nylon insert within the knob eventually wears away and the knob spins. As it's the Rev 5 knob I'd like to keep it.

Does anyone know a way to cure this, without permanently gluing it on, so enabling the knob to be undone and allowing the gear lever plastic surround to still be taken off?
pbmr2

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Spinning Gear Lever Knob

Post by pbmr2 »

I opted for a new knob, ordered a TRD one and it cured the issue.

Might get the stock one refurbished at some point.
robbie_742003

Post by robbie_742003 »

MR22 wrote:Have you suffered from the dreaded spinning gear lever knob problem?

I've tried several different methods to stop this but without success. The threaded nylon insert within the knob eventually wears away and the knob spins. As it's the Rev 5 knob I'd like to keep it.

Does anyone know a way to cure this, without permanently gluing it on, so enabling the knob to be undone and allowing the gear lever plastic surround to still be taken off?

If you could find some kind of filler like no more nails or summat that sets rock hard, you could fill it, then drill and re tap it?
Ja99a

Post by Ja99a »

Some rubber hose will fix that, push it into the hole then wind the gear knob into the hose, has to be tight.

Return to “Modifications”