www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Generic] Spinning Gear Lever Knob

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MR22

Feedback Score: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: [Mk2] [Generic] Spinning Gear Lever Knob Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Have you suffered from the dreaded spinning gear lever knob problem?

I've tried several different methods to stop this but without success. The threaded nylon insert within the knob eventually wears away and the knob spins. As it's the Rev 5 knob I'd like to keep it.

Does anyone know a way to cure this, without permanently gluing it on, so enabling the knob to be undone and allowing the gear lever plastic surround to still be taken off?
pbmr2
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I opted for a new knob, ordered a TRD one and it cured the issue.

Might get the stock one refurbished at some point.
robbie_742003
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Spinning Gear Lever Knob Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

MR22 wrote:
Have you suffered from the dreaded spinning gear lever knob problem?

I've tried several different methods to stop this but without success. The threaded nylon insert within the knob eventually wears away and the knob spins. As it's the Rev 5 knob I'd like to keep it.

Does anyone know a way to cure this, without permanently gluing it on, so enabling the knob to be undone and allowing the gear lever plastic surround to still be taken off?

If you could find some kind of filler like no more nails or summat that sets rock hard, you could fill it, then drill and re tap it?
Ja99a

Feedback Score: 7

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Some rubber hose will fix that, push it into the hole then wind the gear knob into the hose, has to be tight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: