www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Fuel issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ja99a

Feedback Score: 7

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Fuel issue Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Guys my turbo has just come back onto the road after 8 years standing....

it runs great in low rpm range, but the wideband tells me I have fueling issue when the car makes boost the motor leans out, it bangs and hesitates etc, I'm looking for some places to check:

Im planning on checking / doing the following:
Replace fuel filter - just in case.

it's got a walbro, could this have gone bad?

How about the fuel pressure regulator, could it be faulty, it's running a stock unit...

Thoughts please.
MartinF
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

If it's been sitting that long i think i would be checking for rust in the fuel tank clogging the pump pick up and maybe causing problems with your Walbro pump as well.
benjo
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Old fuel as well it's does go bad
pbmr2
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 10

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

what does the inside of the dizzy cap look like? could be fouled up.

the old fuel (assume you changed all the fuel and oils?) won't be rich enough anymore. needs replacing.
Ja99a

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The fuel was bad it smelled like white spirit, it was almost empty so I just put 30 quid in to mix it down.
Still doesn't smell great, I will change the fuel filter and pray I don't need a drop the tank as I hate doing that job...

Dizzy looked ok minor furred up wet n dryer the contacts have ordered a replacement rotor arm.

Will update when bloody battery is charged lol
Ja99a

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Sorted, left too long with tank empty rusted tank blocked pickup. sorted now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: