[Mk2] [Turbo] Advice on replacing the Radio

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

japaneseskoda

[Mk2] [Turbo] Advice on replacing the Radio

Post by japaneseskoda »

The mr2 radio needs an update./ It came with a single din pioneer aftermarket, but I bought an original dooble din toyota hifi from somewhere forum wise and it is really noce to have it, however the cd doesn't work and ejects them straight away, the tape player doesn't sound right like the head's worn, most importantly the radio can only play Radio 2. Don't get me wrong that is great when it's during the day and as a mid 40's guy I'm radio2 all the way during the day, but at night it gets all weird with that jazz and country music stuff, so effectively I have no music after tea time.

Car is a February 1995 Rev 3 Turbo. I want to spend max £200 on the update on something but would like a known brand. Any ideas what would be an easy fit without chopping the wires? Can I get a plug between a Halfords stereo and an import like a rev3 Turbo?
japaneseskoda

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Advice on replacing the Radio

Post by japaneseskoda »

Went to Maplins today and bought a tape head cleaner for a fiver. Wow it actually worked, the cassette player is now fully functional banging out the tunes. Gonna keep the original headunit now. Hopefully a cassette to cable then plugged into the phone will work and all the Youtube music can be played through the tape head plus radio stations over the net too as the JDM stero only tunes into Radio 2 and as much as I love it there are times when something else is needed. Had a tape called Hits 95 on this afternoon from the old collection and it is so good. Rave on 8)
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

japaneseskoda wrote: as a mid 40's guy

Old fart!
japaneseskoda

Post by japaneseskoda »

aussieGT wrote:
japaneseskoda wrote: as a mid 40's guy

Old fart!

Yeah it's true. Twice as old as me MR2 and that's falling apart too.Gonna look at getting a fogey car one of these days like a Hyundai Getz :)

Return to “ICE and Security”