www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] What is a good wearing tyre ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
synXero

Feedback Score: 34

2004 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'm on 275/40/18s and run Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I've had 13k+ out of them and they're still going strong, in a car that's slightly heavier and slightly less powerful than yours, so in a world of free-body physics—fairly comparable.

I'd definitely look into Super Sports next time. Best tyre evurrr.
C35Rob
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

synXero wrote:
I'm on 275/40/18s and run Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I've had 13k+ out of them and they're still going strong, in a car that's slightly heavier and slightly less powerful than yours, so in a world of free-body physics—fairly comparable.

From what I've read/seen pilot sport 4's outperform the original pilot super sports (the ones you have?) which were the step up from pilot sport 2's.. the new king of the hill being the PS4S

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/What-is-happening-to-the-Michelin-Pilot-Super-Sport.htm
synXero

Feedback Score: 34

2004 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

C35Rob wrote:
synXero wrote:

From what I've read/seen pilot sport 4's outperform the original pilot super sports (the ones you have?) which were the step up from pilot sport 2's.. the new king of the hill being the PS4S

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/What-is-happening-to-the-Michelin-Pilot-Super-Sport.htm

Much as I understand it. Although they've now announced a Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S which is the king of the hill.

My car will run MPSS on the back and MPS4 on the front when I get the money to replace the rubber!
C35Rob
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

synXero wrote:
C35Rob wrote:
synXero wrote:

Much as I understand it. Although they've now announced a Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S which is the king of the hill.

My car will run MPSS on the back and MPS4 on the front when I get the money to replace the rubber!

PS4S = pilot sport 4 s [thumleft]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: