[Mk2] [NA] rev 1 remote central locking

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

qwakers

[Mk2] [NA] rev 1 remote central locking

Post by qwakers »

did the uk N/A rev1 have remote central locking. i never got a fob for mine and i WAS going to fit a remote central locking kit before i sold it but if all i have to do is buy and program a fob then ill do that.

it has a security led on the dash and defo has alarm and immobiliser, so will this guide be correct?

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your-2/mk2. ... bartid=274

thanks guys :)
pbmr2

Re: [Mk2] [NA] rev 1 remote central locking

Post by pbmr2 »

Good question.

Spose the first thing to do would be make sure you have that box installed as in the guide.

In my car there is another box on the rear cabin wall behind the sotrage box, under the carpet. The immobiliser is in the B pillar. But mine is rev4.

There is a guide somewhere on how to retrofit the system to a '2 that doesn't have it.
qwakers

Post by qwakers »

ta, i can now confirm it has a completely different ecu in a different place and no way of programming a key to it, so the answer is no :evil:
qwakers

Post by qwakers »

just finished fitting a ebay cheapy rcl kit, works fine. im sure it will make the car more saleable :)
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

qwakers wrote:just finished fitting a ebay cheapy rcl kit, works fine. im sure it will make the car more saleable :)

Dont suppose u have an idiots guide of where to go into the loom? My dad has a rev 1 na and he bought a rcl kit which im gonna fit this weekend
qwakers

Post by qwakers »

pbmr2's link is about as good as you'll get :)

Return to “ICE and Security”