www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] Turbo Whine

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beebaleen

Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] Turbo Whine Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Good Afternoon all,

Just a quick one, I was mentioning to a colleague of mine that I enjoy the whining of my Turbo in my car. He immediately stopped me and explained if it's making this noise loud then it could be a fault in the turbo. Seems to operate fine, is this actually something to worry about?

Best Regards,

Dan
Beebaleen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Turbo Whine Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Beebaleen wrote:
Good Afternoon all,

Just a quick one, I was mentioning to a colleague of mine that I enjoy the whining of my Turbo in my car. He immediately stopped me and explained if it's making this noise loud then it could be a fault in the turbo. Seems to operate fine, is this actually something to worry about?

Best Regards,

Dan

Probably worth mentioning this is a Rev 1 Turbo Import [Smile]
Gazza_DJ
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev4

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Turbos do make noise, but whine isn't the word I'd use to describe it.
rev2rich
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Check the blades....might have a nick out one.blade causing a whistle or a whine [thumleft]
Beebaleen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Itd be more like a police siren style noise as it spools up and down ^^/
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: