www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] What offset for my rev1 with BC's

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
georgej84@hotmail.co.uk
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] What offset for my rev1 with BC's Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Pretty much what the above says. I've recently fitted BC coilovers and thought the next purchase would be wheels. I'm looking for 17" wheels but am not sure on what offset or width would be ideal. Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Al-sw20

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ideal fitment is a 17x8 front, 17x9 rear with a +35 offset all around.

215/40R17 tyres front, 235/40R17 or 245/40R17 tyres rear.

This is on stock struts though. You would have to compare your stock strut and the new coilover to check for clearance.
Gazza_DJ
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

17*8 ET35 on the front won't fit on some coilovers, you need to be closer to ET30.

I have 7.5 ET31 on BC's on the front and I've only got a couple mm or so clearance. I only found out how small the clearance was when the AA guy was really struggling to get the straps behind the wheels on the flatbed when the radiator failed.

You have a bit of camber adjustment at the hub, so you can add positive camber at the hub which will move the top of the wheel away from the coilover. You can then compensate by adding negative camber at the top mount. Bear in mind this will also affect your scrub radius though.
georgej84@hotmail.co.uk
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I've noticed that there's not much clearance even on stock wheels. Thanks for the replies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: