[Mk2] [Turbo] changing boost controller and ecu

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

adamshaw

[Mk2] [Turbo] changing boost controller and ecu

Post by adamshaw »

ok guys so not sure what goin on with actuator pressure

so question is ... if car was mapped with standalone ecu and i decide to change ebc for a different one is this ok

can i just switch out a greddy for an apexi avcr and setup myself .... or would the standalone ecu need mapping again if i did this?

is the ecu map seperate to the ebc....ie) its fine to change as fueling will alter depending on what boost settings i setup anyway ?

thanks
adamshaw

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] changing boost controller and ecu

Post by adamshaw »

Anyone?
MartinF

Post by MartinF »

If you change the boost controller and ensure that the maximum boost level is still the same then no need to remap.
Blue Lexus RCF
Black MKIV UK Manual Supra
Green MK2 MR2 Tin Top
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Its a tough one because the map will be set at the old boost controllers settings, its not the max boost thats a concern as that is obviously easily replicated. Its the gain to which you will find hard to copy over.

So on full load at lower revs onwards the fuelling may be a little out, as this is where the gain will be affecting how fast the boost is kicking in.

Saying all that, realistically i think it'd be fine to not remap, as things are usually mapped on the richer side for safety and not to the extreems of ringing every ounce of whats left in the engine.

Return to “Modifications”