1995 MR2 Turbo standard, Brand New Turbo

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

W88NEE

1995 MR2 Turbo standard, Brand New Turbo

Post by W88NEE »

1995 Toyota MR2 GT Turbo Import T-Bar M591 UKL

Hello, this is my car that I have had for almost four years. This is one of the later Turbo cars and in this condition, are getting extremely rare to find. Especially since my one is relatively standard with only a few choice upgrades. She was HPI checked when I purchased her and everything is clear. I welcome any further HPI checks should you wish to do so.

She is being sold as I have a small collection of sports cars and I need to sell one for space. Since I decided to sell her I have had some servicing working carried out so the new owner can really enjoy the summer with her, I have covered about 10 miles since these works.

This MR2 is in a brilliant colour, so the standard Toyota pearl in the paint looks superb, although she does have areas of scratches as with any car of a certain age. The wheels have also been professionally refurbished 10 miles ago so these are without fault. All fluids have been replaced 10 miles ago, all serviceable items have been checked and replaced if part-way or near the end of its life so all the drop links have been replaced 10 miles ago, the front brake lines have been replaced 10 miles ago, new wiper blades etc.

I have really enjoyed this very fast car and hope someone gets to enjoy her this summer. She must be running circa 250bhp (244bhp standard), and with a few tweeks using the blitz ebc (included in the sale) 300bhp is easy for this turbo. Please see below a list of all the important points.

1995 Car, imported in July 2002
In original Toyota Dark Emerald Pearl (6M1) aka Goodwood Green
I purchased her in July 2013
Mileage reads at 103,100 (37,699km was done in Japan (23,500 Miles equivalent), speedo then changed in 2002 when imported and 60,500 Miles done in the UK. So true mileage is around 84,000 miles.
MOT until 02nd May 2018 (full 11 months)          
Classic car insurance (£120 fully comp for the year)

Specification:
GT top of the range model comes with leather and half alcantara interior, no rips or tears and in good comfy condition
T-Bar version
Manual 5 speed, drivers car!!!
Has the rare original Toyota boot mat liner
Brand New refurbished alloy wheels
All fluids replaced 10 miles ago including, brake, clutch, engine oil and gearbox oil just for completeness
Professional machine polish and wax 10 miles ago.
Sills are perfect with no rust what so ever.
Service Books from Japan and the UK and a folder of receipts including every MOT, par one since import. Various receipts for brake pad and disk changes, a few cables over the years, tyres etc.

Modifications:
Brand New FULLY rebuilt CT20 Turbo (Receipt for over £500 of work on this), the oil seals started to fail so the entire turbo was sent to Universal Turbos for a full refurb.
Apex Air Filter
Blitz Dual SBC electronic Boost Controller (£500 new) Not fitted.
TRD springs and shocks (Very rare to find these)
HKS Dump Valve, great sound!!!
Big Core Aluminium Radiator with twin fans
Exhaust has no catalytic convertor (decat)

Bad Bits:
Tyres are legal and fine, but they are not a brand tyre and I do find that due to the power of the car grippy tyres are needed even in the dry as they try to spin.
Aircon has never been used so this will need attention, my local garage didn’t have the facility to check this.
A small nock can occasionally be heard from the passenger rear and I believe this could be either a top mount. or the driveshaft carrier bearing, however I bought a new bearing and this is included in the sale if I don't get round to fitting it. The nock can only be heard occasionally. The garage could not hear it when doing the work so they did not want to replace anything, but perhaps this could be on the list of minor updates. She is running a spal fan and for some reason every so often the engine blower light comes on and go out and the fan works so not to sure with this.

I have tried to be as upfront as possible, hence the description of the good and minor bad bits. This is a great quality car and is already becoming a classic with prices rising in the last few years and insurers covering these under a classic policy. Test drives are fine if you bring your licence, the insurance for at least third party and you leave a very reasonable deposit. I have advertised the car elsewhere too. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

£4,250

Was MR2Turbo1991, but now changed name.

5SGTE Forged Build 2011/12
Build Thread: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... nniversary
ilovejapcars

Re: 1995 MR2 Turbo standard, Brand New Turbo

Post by ilovejapcars »

Bloody lovely
W88NEE

Post by W88NEE »

Glad you like it, wanna buy a nice toy lol

ilovejapcars

Post by ilovejapcars »

I would. Would have to look at convincing the wife this is my sensible daily driver. I already have a Nissan Gtir for my toy.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Wow thats a decent price / nice car. GLWS
W88NEE

Post by W88NEE »

Thanks, I thought it was a good price for a good solid car. Should have mentioned the sills were getting a bit of rust on the outer edges so the body shop cut away the rust and welded new steel, blended, stone chip and painted so she really is a good solid beast, this was only a month or two back.

Just waiting for her new owner.

ilovejapcars

Post by ilovejapcars »

Has this sold?
W88NEE

Post by W88NEE »

Hi, it's had a deposit and collection in the week. I will update this post by Friday if for some reason she remains.

Thanks for your interest.

Wayne

Return to “MR2s for Sale”