Odd question about cabin filters

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Xavier R3V

Odd question about cabin filters

Post by Xavier R3V »

So yeh odd question I know but has anyone ever tried to modify an existing pollen filter to the MR2? One that has a shape conducive to being installed on the intake maybe. If so which ones, pointers etc?

Cheers all, I know it's a long shot not being a bhp seeking mod :D
twig

Re: Odd question about cabin filters

Post by twig »

I had a go at this a few years ago actually, because I was parking it under trees and loads of seeds and leaves kept getting in to the cabin.

The air inlet (where you would want to put the filter) is a weird shape, so I got biggest one I could find (think it was for an Audi), cut it up and duck taped it into the right shape. I doubt it keeps much pollen out, but it does stop leaves and bigger bits of plant junk out of the cabin.

The inlet's on the passenger side under the windscreen cowl. You can feel it with the cowling off IIRC, so put a sheet of paper over it and press it down to the get the imprint of the shape.
kirk

Re: Odd question about cabin filters

Post by kirk »

I've thought about this also. Can't understand why they were never fit with something at all. May have a go at this at some point. Can you remember what model Audi filter you used?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”