www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Generic] Any Toad ai606 experts / installers here? Issue with no indicators

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeyra
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 13

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk2 V6

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Generic] Any Toad ai606 experts / installers here? Issue with no indicators Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi

I've tried to install a toad ai606 I've had kicking around for a number of years. Wired it up as per the instructions, it locks and unlocks on the keyfob, bit no chirp, no indicators flashing and more importantly the red led doesn't illuminate at all.

I've checked the 15a Fuse for the indicators, that's fine.

Any pointers / advise?

Sadly I don't have the four digit pin code, so unable to access any menus.
thomp1983
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 45

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Not sure on the led but both the other issues are options that can be turned off.

The last ai606 I had didn't have a 4 digit code there was a sequence you did with the key and fob to get into the programming menu
monkeyra
Premium Member

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk2 V6

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I've not come across that before, all the instructions I can find online say I need to input my 4-pin code first.
thomp1983
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 45

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I may be wrong it's been 18 months since I've played with one but I don't remember having a security pin.

The other option is to sit and go through every code combination I've had to do it before and it's tedious but once you get into a rhythm it doesn't take that long
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 202

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Any Toad ai606 experts / installers here? Issue with no indicators Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

monkeyra wrote:
Hi

I've tried to install a toad ai606 I've had kicking around for a number of years. Wired it up as per the instructions, it locks and unlocks on the keyfob, bit no chirp, no indicators flashing and more importantly the red led doesn't illuminate at all.

I've checked the 15a Fuse for the indicators, that's fine.

Any pointers / advise?

Sadly I don't have the four digit pin code, so unable to access any menus.

I have had two units over the years, on one occasion i swapped the whole thing from my rev 1 to rev 3.
All these functions plus more are turned on and off after you enter the four digit pin that came with the alarm.
I didn't have this pin for either set up but on both occasions MR-toadinstaller (that may not be his correct user name) sent me the codes via pm after i send the units serial number to him.

I still have a main control unit and two or three fobs in the shed if you need a spare [thumleft]
monkeyra
Premium Member

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk2 V6

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Solved it last night. I *thought* I had the ignition feed wired into an ignition 12v wire, but it turned out to be permanent 12v when I checked it with my multimeter. Rewired that and it all works perfectly now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: