Intercooler shroud

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

clyde06

Intercooler shroud

Post by clyde06 »

Has a anyone got a intercooler shroud for sale or has one available to send me a template of to get one made I can't get hold of one anywhere. Ems did one and so did greedy.
Bear87

Re: Intercooler shroud

Post by Bear87 »

Sorry to hijack clyde 06 :oops:

Im also intrested in a template. Not in any major rush tho. Also been researching and unable to find anything!
clyde06

Post by clyde06 »

No worries buddy i have nocked up a cardboard one my mate is going to get some plate from his work and cut it out I'll let you know how it goes
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

Nice one cheers fella. You know if you can knock out some half decent quality ones there is probably a few guys on here that would be intrested :thumleft:
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

It's not difficult to make one without template..
I just used factory shroud for template, traced outline and marked bolt holes, laid ic on top,aligned ic with template bolt holes, marked 4 corners of core on template, join the marks, then cut out 5mm INSIDE the lines to ensure overlap.
hope that makes sense ...
Its basic but works.
:-k
paulharry

Post by paulharry »

clyde06 wrote:Has a anyone got a intercooler shroud for sale or has one available to send me a template of to get one made I can't get hold of one anywhere. Ems did one and so did greedy.

I've got a paper template if you don't get sorted 👍🏻

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”