[Mk2] [Turbo] Underbody drain hole rust

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

b4ss

[Mk2] [Turbo] Underbody drain hole rust

Post by b4ss »

Him
Any know the part number for this, I presume there is meant to be plug in that hole? Looks like I have a major rust nightmare ahead of me :(

I had a look in the BGB but couldn't see any reference to this area.

Thanks,
T
mr2garageswindon

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Underbody drain hole rust

Post by mr2garageswindon »

Those bungs used to be fitted at pdi, they came in the glove box. The holes are for strapping down while on the car transporter.
Sorry I don't have the part number.
tiff_lee

Post by tiff_lee »

Get that area wire wheeled and coated in some rust converter like hammerite kurust or something similar then paint. Only problem will be there is little you can do to preserve the inside of the sill so just do your best to get some kurust on the surfaces on the inside.
b4ss

Post by b4ss »

mr2garageswindon wrote:Those bungs used to be fitted at pdi, they came in the glove box. The holes are for strapping down while on the car transporter.
Sorry I don't have the part number.

What is PDI?
T

Ahh Pre-Delivery -Inspection -:)
qwakers

Post by qwakers »

tiff_lee wrote:Get that area wire wheeled and coated in some rust converter like hammerite kurust or something similar then paint. Only problem will be there is little you can do to preserve the inside of the sill so just do your best to get some kurust on the surfaces on the inside.

you can, get a waxoyl gun and squirt some up the hole using one of the many attachments you can get for them to get it right in there...
tiff_lee

Post by tiff_lee »

qwakers wrote:
tiff_lee wrote:Get that area wire wheeled and coated in some rust converter like hammerite kurust or something similar then paint. Only problem will be there is little you can do to preserve the inside of the sill so just do your best to get some kurust on the surfaces on the inside.

you can, get a waxoyl gun and squirt some up the hole using one of the many attachments you can get for them to get it right in there...

Yeah fair one, I completely forgot about stuff like that. Years ago I had some of this

http://www.bilthamber.com/corrosion-pro ... /dynax-s50

the applicator was a long flexible hose and the nozzle sprayed in 4 directions (all 90 degs to one another).
b4ss

Post by b4ss »

tiff_lee wrote:
qwakers wrote:

Yeah fair one, I completely forgot about stuff like that. Years ago I had some of this

http://www.bilthamber.com/corrosion-pro ... /dynax-s50

the applicator was a long flexible hose and the nozzle sprayed in 4 directions (all 90 degs to one another).

Thanks for the link :)

Return to “Mechanical”