www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Silvia S15 spec R

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Driving Experiences
View previous topic :: View next topic  

This post is:
Great
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Stupid
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Voted : 1
Total Votes : 0
This poll does not expire

almeida1234
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 18

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Silvia S15 spec R Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hey gang anyone driven one of these how do they compare to a tubby?
Any info will be great.
Cheers
Bear87
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I had a s14a with the same sr20det engine. But always wanted the s15.
Obviously not a direct comparison but all the s chasis cars are known for exceptional handling, 50/50 weight distribution and reasonably priced bang to buck modifications.
The engine in my opinion is a bag of nails in comparison to a 3sgte it doesnt sound anywhere near as nice and lacks a certain punch.
They snap rocker arms alot and the vvt noise is horrific (you would actually believe the engine was done for)

The chasis is prone to rust so is really worth checking.
They really are a nice car all in all and the garrett t28 on the spec r is superb.
Its a easier car to drive to the mr2, more practical but for me the mr2 is a better car.
Essex2Visuvesi
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I used to have a std UK Spec S14 and have to say it was a lovely car to drive and suprisingly economical if you were easy on the loud pedal
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Driving Experiences All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: