A New MR2 In The Family

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

markstevieandmads

A New MR2 In The Family

Post by markstevieandmads »

As my dad is computer illterate, i said i would do a thread about his new project.
My dad has always loved mr2s and as he wanted a little project we found a rev 1 na quite local.

The fella selling it was a real nice chap and i think we got a bit of a bargain!

Sporting a private number plate,great bodywork and a few upgrades such as rev 2 alloys and the later rev2 onwards brakes we managed to get this for £550.
The sills looks like they may need doing and there is a small hole in one rear wheel arch - this is the only issues with the bodywork.

The tyres are cracked on the rear (which is a shame as they are yokos) so will be letting my dad have my old ones with new nexens on.

It also needs a bit of tlc in the interior. Its missing the interior light and sunvisors and fittings along with the gear surround and leather gaiter and the rear cubby boxes.

My dad wants to keep it original as its a good looking car anyway. Its also a sunroof model with original tape and cd player though these dont work (powers up but no sound).

It has 93k and mot till sep 2017 so hes going to use it for the summer as it is. If we can get some of the missing parts then even better.

I will try and get him to sign up.
Bear87

Re: A New MR2 In The Family

Post by Bear87 »

Nicely done! For that money sounds like a good buy! Bang for buck this summer 10/10 :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”