www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] Where to buy decent quality v band clamps in the UK??

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danbob

Feedback Score: 12

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] Where to buy decent quality v band clamps in the UK?? Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'm after a 3" v band joint to finish my new exhaust.

There are plenty of them on eBay but I don't want to buy crap that doesnt fit together properly, seal properly, warp or corrode.

Anybody have a recommendation for a good source of quality v band flanges and clamps in the UK?

Thanks
Dan
androo007
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Not uk but fast delivery is mamba. Hugh quality imo.
C35Rob
Premium Member

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I've used various eBay ones before, all totally fine, weld nicely and haven't warped or corroded on me. Make sure you get male/female interlocking flanges, the flat face ones are dog toffee.

If you want to spend more then look at vibrant performance, I think H-tune are a uk dealer
Odin_S

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Owen Development?
Danbob

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thanks all, can't see anything listed on Owen developments or h tune sites though. Heard good things about vibrant around the internet.

Of the UK ones I've found this site looks good if you can believe the advert. Male female flange, sleeves over the pipe etc.

http://rndmotorsport.co.uk/epages/950003929.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950003929/Products/0177

I just have trust issues with eBay supplied parts at the moment so many times I've relied on them and ended up wasting weeks of precious time reworking crap parts or having to find replacements. Even with Mamba, had to significantly rework some of their products that clearly had never been tested on a vehicle before being made produced!

Anyway rant over, will have a go and see what I get

Cheers
Dan

Last edited by Danbob on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:37 am; edited 2 times in total
C35Rob
Premium Member

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

They look identical to the ones I used off eBay @ about 17 each..

I think the bottom line with stuff like that is that you either spent top money on branded made in the USA stuff, or buy the Chinese alternative, either from eBay, or someone else who imports them in bulk and re-sells on their website
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: