Passenger air vent removal

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mrfil13

Passenger air vent removal

Post by mrfil13 »

I need to remove the passenger vent, when its closed and the blower is on there is a whistling noise, i believe the felt on the flap is letting air to pass, i was going to see if a line of silicone or sticking some felt on would help.

I've removed the glove box, have a right angled screwdriver but the screw for the vent and ducting is a nightmare to get to. There is a metal brace which i managed to start unscrewing but that is slow going and i could not get my hand in to screw it back in if needed.

Any other ideas on getting at the vent without finding someone with very small hands.

If i could get the top screw off for the vent then i could possible pull the duct far enough to get the vent out but that screw is tucked away. Toyota must have had a laugh putting some of the screws in.
thomp1983

Re: Passenger air vent removal

Post by thomp1983 »

Its screwed to the back of the dash so would have been fitted before the dash was fitted.

The dash doesn't take long to remove 30 minutes or so and is probably the easiest option
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

It is a fiddly job, I had passenger seat out as well as glovebox and was lying with my head under dash for a while to do it :(
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
mrfil13

Post by mrfil13 »

Dash out might be the only way. Is it pretty much remove steering wheel, plastic under steering wheel, clocks, stereo center console, glove box, center arm rest bit, glove box and a few bolts?

Is the top part of the dash clipped, if so is it those daft plastic clips the rest of the interior is held on with?
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

That pretty much covers it, the top edge is clipped but there quite robust I've never broke one they just pull out

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”