[FINALIZED] Genuine Work Meister S1's in perfect MR2 fitment

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

adam3442

Genuine Work Meister S1's in perfect MR2 fitment

Post by adam3442 »

Selling the wheels that made my car what it is. I'm selling as I'm doing something slightly different with it.

Wheels are:

2 x 17x9 ET35
2 x 17x8 ET35

Pics below are when they were in their prime. They now need a full refurb, the lips require polishing and the centres re-painting.

Therefore I'm offering two prices. £1200 and I will have the wheels powder coated so they will be mint and ready to fit, please note this will include the lips to. Work Meisters look superb in all white :wink:

Or £1000 as they are and you can then polish the lips, paint the centres, or paint them all yourself.

adam3442

Re: [FINALIZED] Genuine Work Meister S1's in perfect MR2 fitment

Post by adam3442 »

All these pics show a 245 rear tyre. I now run a 255, which sits far nicer on the rear. I'll look for a pic.

paulharry

Post by paulharry »

£600 as they are any good to you?
I think they would look mint in gold on a black 2 😁
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

paulharry wrote:£600 as they are any good to you?

:lol:
paulharry

Post by paulharry »

aussieGT wrote:

I'll take that as a no then
Good look in getting the £1000 for them :lol:
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

paulharry wrote:
aussieGT wrote:

I'll take that as a no then
Good look in getting the £1000 for them :lol:

Look up how much these cost to buy new. In fact, let me save you the effort - you're looking at near enough £2000 (non standard face finish is near enough +£50 per wheel) and at least a 4 week delivery time as these are not off the shelf wheels - they are made to your specification.

£1200 refurbished to as new or £1000 in their current state is a reasonable asking price.
kennym

points of view

Post by kennym »

each to there own they certainly are nice wheels but in my opinion £600 is where I'd want to be, the question is are you prepared to pay the extra for authenticity & its a question that will rage on.

Good luck with the sale.

PS Did anyone else notice the guy who made the offer wasn't actually replying to the guy who was selling them? lol
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

You're dreaming if you really think you'd pick up a decent set of staggered S1's for £600. If you want to pay Rota money, then buy Rota's. The real deal is a far superior product and priced as such :thumleft:
kennym

Really

Post by kennym »

Really why are opinionated people so blinkered or intolerant in their replies
I did not suggest I could buy the wheels at £600 nor was I in any type of dream state, I said that is what I would value them at, having been a metalurgist I am aware of the integrity of alloys cast or forged, you would be shocked at the very small differences in chemical analysis, and let me say clearly knowing the cost of manufacture you are very much paying for a name & finishing processes anyway I digress,

My point in layman's terms I am entitled to my opinion please respect it as I respect yours
SonicSW20

Re: Really

Post by SonicSW20 »

kennym wrote:Really why are opinionated people so blinkered or intolerant in their replies
I did not suggest I could buy the wheels at £600 nor was I in any type of dream state, I said that is what I would value them at, having been a metalurgist I am aware of the integrity of alloys cast or forged, you would be shocked at the very small differences in chemical analysis, and let me say clearly knowing the cost of manufacture you are very much paying for a name & finishing processes anyway I digress,

My point in layman's terms I am entitled to my opinion please respect it as I respect yours

All of that is irrelevant quite frankly. Used S1's hold their value, and that value is considerably higher than £600 for this spec.

These are welded two piece forged wheels made to the original customers specification. Quite different to a 1 piece cast wheel, and one of the many reasons they cost more to buy. As a metalurgist I'm sure you will understand the extra work required in making these originally over a 1 piece cast wheel.
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

kennym wrote:having been a metalurgist

https://metalurgespodcast.wordpress.com ... d-studios/

Which one are you?
kennym

Post by kennym »

Gazza_DJ wrote:
kennym wrote:Really why are opinionated people so blinkered or intolerant in their replies

All of that is irrelevant quite frankly. Used S1's hold their value, and that value is considerably higher than £600 for this spec.

These are welded two piece forged wheels made to the original customers specification. Quite different to a 1 piece cast wheel, and one of the many reasons they cost more to buy. As a metalurgist I'm sure you will understand the extra work required in making these originally over a 1 piece cast wheel.

lets rewind, all of that's irrelevant? you dodge the point that you misinterpreted what i said and jump straight to saying other peoples opinions if they don't agree with yours are irrelevant, you simply don't care what others think,....

I think that statement makes whatever you say after it frankly irrelevant, who would cares what you have to say when you show no respect, interest or tolerance for what others have to say?,.... not me i'm not interested in your response as it will only serve to highlight your social limitations
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

:lol: Well, that escalated quickly. I've peeled potatoes with thicker skin if you seriously think I was 'disrespecting' you :roll:
Madabout

Post by Madabout »

Are the wheels still for sale, location and current photos showing condition? For what it's worth I've bought plenty of JDM wheels and whilst you will pay more the resale value are always better.
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

Aussie I actually laughed at the that :lol:

Continuing the debate.. (sorry OP!)

The attraction of 'genuine' wheels for me doesn't particularly stem from contruction, weight, R&D etc.

It's more of a knowledge and understanding thing. If you've taken the time to really learn about certain rarer wheels and their origins and are prepared to pay good money for the real deal, even to save up and buy something special - then that, in my eyes, deserves respect.

..As opposed to jumping on the bandwagon and fitting Rotas, XXR's, generic knock-offs because you saw them on a sick slammed Astra VXR at the local meet and you want scene points too. It's lazy, and perpetuates the current f*cked up state of the 'easy' modified car scene.

'Genuine' wheels cost more but if you can't be bothered to save for something that would set your car apart and just want instant gratification then that says a lot about your mentality IMO.

I guess it boils down to this: if you're genuinely interested in something and want to make a go of it, then don't do a half-assed job and undermine the efforts of those whose hearts are really in it.

OP - the price is right :thumleft:
kennym

Post by kennym »

CalMac wrote:Aussie I actually laughed at the that :lol:

Continuing the debate.. (sorry OP!)

The attraction of 'genuine' wheels for me doesn't particularly stem from contruction, weight, R&D etc.

It's more of a knowledge and understanding thing. If you've taken the time to really learn about certain rarer wheels and their origins and are prepared to pay good money for the real deal, even to save up and buy something special - then that, in my eyes, deserves respect.

..As opposed to jumping on the bandwagon and fitting Rotas, XXR's, generic knock-offs because you saw them on a sick slammed Astra VXR at the local meet and you want scene points too. It's lazy, and perpetuates the current f*cked up state of the 'easy' modified car scene.

'Genuine' wheels cost more but if you can't be bothered to save for something that would set your car apart and just want instant gratification then that says a lot about your mentality IMO.

I guess it boils down to this: if you're genuinely interested in something and want to make a go of it, then don't do a half-assed job and undermine the efforts of those whose hearts are really in it.

OP - the price is right :thumleft:

That's your point of view which I respect but don't agree with.

you make sweeping assumptions about the sort of person which buys generic wheels even going so far as to judge their mentality and you only consider your point of view & your end use.

My 2 is track & track only I buy wheels (AND I CANT BELIEVE HOW HARD THIS HAS BEEN) with et width & diameter in mind, and the fact I need 12 wheels and there gonna get mistreated, Rotas, xxr yes please if there the right size, to you theses wheels are a holy grail to me they are indulgent nonsense,..... but having said that I respect we don't have the same viewpoint
kennym

ps

Post by kennym »

PS my heart is in it, ....... its just ruled by my head.
gavsdavs

Post by gavsdavs »

kennym wrote:
That's your point of view which I respect but don't agree with.

you make sweeping assumptions about the sort of person which buys generic wheels even going so far as to judge their mentality and you only consider your point of view & your end use.

My 2 is track & track only I buy wheels (AND I CANT BELIEVE HOW HARD THIS HAS BEEN) with et width & diameter in mind, and the fact I need 12 wheels and there gonna get mistreated, Rotas, xxr yes please if there the right size, to you theses wheels are a holy grail to me they are indulgent nonsense,..... but having said that I respect we don't have the same viewpoint

I had a set of Rotas on mine for some years and I can't say this is true of the other replica brands, but after 4/5 years every wheel was buckled. They don't have a reputation for strength, stiffness or lightness.

It depends on your priorities I suppose but the wheels I have replaced the rotas with are a higher quality wheel. The car was slowly shaking itself to death due to the vibrations caused by the buckles.

A set of nice alloys doesn't necessarily make a car, but I do believe you get what you pay for. Copies (IMO) tend to be cheap and don't last as long without maintenance.

Just wait till JD joins in :)
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

So is anyone going to buy the OP's wheels or are we doing the knockoffs vs real wheels thread again? :lol:
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

If I didn't already have three sets of Works I probably would have by now :lol:

Kenny I did overlook track/drift cars etc. to be honest, I would agree that if they're just going to be 'used' then it doesn't matter what wheels you're running \:D/ When I go drifting in the MX5 I just take 4 sets of whatever crap I can find that'll bolt on (including 2 pairs of steelies from the roadside). I was making a broad statement but suppose was directly addressing the 'show/modified road car/Golf' segment rather than track cars :thumleft:

Return to “Mk2 Bodywork & Wheels ”