[FINALIZED] Genuine Garratt GT3071

Parts for the Mk2 MR2 only (excluding bodywork and wheels/tyres)

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

androo007

Genuine Garratt GT3071

Post by androo007 »

Hi Guys,

Long story short, I was sold an ATS GT3076 kit from a member on here who, actually sold me a GT3071!

The kit covered sub 5k on the previous car, and sub 1k with myself.

I achieved 422hp from this with dyno to prove below @ 1.75bar.

It has a 0.50 cold side and a 0.63 hot side which means it'll plumb right up to the stock intake side of 2.75" which is really handy.

Spool is nice and quick, great road turbo but didnt quite have the shove I'm after.

So, anyway.... I've now basically got a GT3076 and so this one is spare.

It's on a T3 footprint, and is the bare turbo only. Slight play in the shaft but no smoke or anything untoward.

£500. Bargain!
androo007

Re: [FINALIZED] Genuine Garratt GT3071

Post by androo007 »

Open to reasonable offers from IMOC'ers... I have a garage bill to pay :lol:
richsuth123

Turbo

Post by richsuth123 »

Hi. Do you have no pictures please.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Hiya,

Sure, I'll pop them up for you. First set if pictures are just before it was installed on the car, second set as it has just been removed (note no oil lines included):thumleft:

cdn images

Turbo installed and removed professionally at my local tuner.
Last edited by androo007 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
richsuth123

Post by richsuth123 »

:thumleft:
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Should show now :thumleft: any questions fire away. Ps the wetness on removal is just penetration gas to clean up the label to show the garrett part number etc.
richsuth123

Post by richsuth123 »

Thanks, I will get some prices today of the other parts I will need. If down pipe etc and get back to you later.

Thanks
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Still for sale, let's help me pay my garage bill guys before I have to go crowd funded :lol:
kev8611

Post by kev8611 »

So this is why you started a dispute through paypal? I have this second just seen it!!

You have the original reciept where I bought the turbo from ATS

I'm Contacting ATS the now. They better not get back and say I had a 3071 all this time

:evil:
kev8611

Post by kev8611 »

Seeing as you already have half your money can you either return the turbo or I will send the other half of it and you can return the full kit
Last edited by kev8611 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

kev8611 wrote:Seeing as you already have half your money back, I will send the other half of it and you can return the full kit?

I don't want to get involved as such but it does sound like a genuine mistake. If that is the case then the full kit being returned for a full refund is the way forward in fairness, not just so andrew gets his full money back but it will allow kev to resell the kit for what it is, selling a turbo on it's own could be quite difficult... :-k
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Martin F wrote:
kev8611 wrote:Seeing as you already have half your money back, I will send the other half of it and you can return the full kit?

I don't want to get involved as such but it does sound like a genuine mistake. If that is the case then the full kit being returned for a full refund is the way forward in fairness, not just so andrew gets his full money back but it will allow kev to resell the kit for what it is, selling a turbo on it's own could be quite difficult... :-k

Saying that, andrew has paid someone to fit the kit twice, not getting the turbo that was advertised in the first place causing the second fitting bill and associated hassles, maybe you guys can work together to find a buyer for the turbo so kev breaks even, just a thought :-k
kev8611

Post by kev8611 »

Martin thanks for input.

If he recieved a gt3071 from me then its 100% a genuine mistake and I am in the middle of dealing with ats the now to see what i got from them and sold on. Andrew has a copy of the original receipt i got with the kit stating its a gt3076, obviously i could have swapped the turbo to a 3071 and gave him it but I am an honest person and was always honest to my knowledge throughout the transaction.

Now, for my side of the story, andrew im sure you will back this up, you opened a dispute on march 2nd 2017 at 11:18am, I then had until the 22nd march to respond. At 11:27am on the same day (2nd march) Andrew escalated this dispute to a claim with paypal. All while not contacting me directly even once either on here or via whatsapp where we have communicated before. But in the mean time has been emailing Scott at ATS.

I genuinley for him that its cost him ex amount in extra dyno time and installation etc to "correct" this But in harsh reality that is his choice to have it taken back off and another put on and the car then mapped again etc. ok you didnt have the right kit but it could have stayed on the car and we could have come to some agreement, so in my eyes, costs of a fitting bigger turbo etc dont come into it as they are not the essentials of this transaction.

In hindsight You dont go into a dealer and buy an astra, end up them unknowingly giving you a corsa, then go through your credit company to get half your money back but keep the car, then sell it on to cover costs of buying a car elsewhere.

End of the day, i have unknowingly refunded half the amount of the transaction due to the kit not being as described, not refunded half the money to cover his costs of swapping it all out. Im out of pocket with nothing, he has everything still and is now selling this turbo.
Last edited by kev8611 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

ATS should be picking the pieces of this palava up. If Kev bought a certain item, and has receipts for it, and sold the same item on as described he shouldn't be called a *&% for it.

And by the same token Androo shouldn't lose out either - if ATS has majorly stuffed up with a knock on effect they should be taking care of their reputation - by doing the right thing.
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

Oh, In making my interjection Kev made his reply.

What a mess, feel sorry for you Kev.
kev8611

Post by kev8611 »

Unfortunately i dont think ATS are going to do anything about it but I have wxplained the situation to them. I might get an apology.

Like i say, its unfortunate that andrew took the decision to swap out the turbo for a bigger unit, but these costs are separate from our transaction and the refund was for an item not being the same as described, it was not to cover costs of him buying another turbo.

I have offered him to return the turbo he has his money back for or i can send him the other half and i will take the full kit back.
kev8611

Post by kev8611 »

Thanks Aussie. The annoying part is the fact it was escalated to a claim via paypal within 10 minutes of the case being opened without me being contacted first. Says it all really.

All our PM's have went missing too. #-o
kev8611

Post by kev8611 »

Heres the original receipt just for records that andrew has a copy of.... my address is there as I have nothing to hide.

If ATS sent me a 3071 then its 100% a genuine mistake on their part and I have not FOBBED YOU OFF like you claim on your build thread. Have the decency to contact me before making such a claim on a public forum.

Seems like you want it all too. Seen you saying on your build thread you can either live with it, or swap it out and sell that one on. But by the looks of it, you want to take it out, keep it to sell on, claim half your money back. Buy yourself a nice upgraded one all at the same time while not once getting in contact with me.

JD

Post by JD »

Kev is getting shafted here. Where's Bruce Willis with a Samurai sword when you need him?!
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

Should i get the popcorn?

Return to “Mk2”