www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Silverstone Social Meet 19th March
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Events -> Past Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott19

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Its a really fine balance to be honest. When I started the club it was partly because I was a bit fed up with my MK1 sometimes being excluded from classic events due to it not being old enough. I dont want to exclude people. Its a balance between not excluding people but also if its a car park full of every day vehicles then you only need to go up to Tesco to see that! Its then not a display.

We do have a reasonable number of people joined up to the Facebook page that only have every day vehicles and want to come along and basically look round the display and be among it all which is absolutely fine most Classic car shows have 'Spectators' come along so we are certainly not any different.

I'm not advertising this meet too much to the general public as we have 100 car parking spaces and I suspect we are going to fill them. Future meets have been arranged at Turweston Aerodrome up the road where we will have acres of space and so I will be promoting those ones alot more trying to attract some general public as well.
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Sounds like one to miss this time, maybe make it up to the one where there can be the "boring owners" parking!
scott19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Haha well like I say, everyone is welcome but this one might not be the best in terms of space. The full calendar is on our website. Next one is in May at Silverstone circuit and includes a lap of the GP circuit but it is pre book through the club and 15 for the the ticket.

June, July and August will be great at Turweston where we will have alot more space, no charge to get in, possibly some historic planes around as well and next to the on site Cafe
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hoping that by May the MK1 will be fully welded. Granted that they will need to reopen a steel plant to supply enough metal to weld her though...
Draven

Feedback Score: 43

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thats a shame mate i'll be there.

Probably a reason for you not to go though lol
scott19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Would be very pleased to have another MK1 at our meets to give my one some company! There is one other guy with a MK1 in our club with a Suprercharged Red MK1 but I believe his is off the road at the moment as well
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Daily drive is too standard and new to get in, and its a long way, so will wait for the MK1 to finish. Unless I can persuade my boss to lend me his newly restored TR7...
scott19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yes its a fair old treck for you isnt it. Get him to bring the TR7 with you as passenger- job done lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Events -> Past Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: