[Mk2] [Turbo] Has anybody had a problem mounting wideband Lambda at base of Downpipe

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Danbob

[Mk2] [Turbo] Has anybody had a problem mounting wideband Lambda at base of Downpipe

Post by Danbob »

Hello all,

My aftermarket downpipe has a lambda boss towards the bottom of the pipe, as I believe most do. I was intending to use it for my wideband

However, Innovate wideband instructions state that the sensor should be mounted 2 foot downstream of the turbo to prevent overheating/damage to the sensor.

Has anybody mounted their wideband in the lower downpipe boss position and had their sensor fail?
Dale_V

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Has anybody had a problem mounting wideband Lambda at base of Downpipe

Post by Dale_V »

my wideband lambda has been at the bottom of the downpipe for 8 years... innovate lc-1, still on original sensor, no problems! although im sure they recomended 18".. maybe they've changed it?
Danbob

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Has anybody had a problem mounting wideband Lambda at base of Downpipe

Post by Danbob »

Cheers, exactly what I was hoping to hear!

Yeah LC2 instructions say 24" but I'll give it a go in the lower downpipe position

Cheers
Dan
gnzyza

Post by gnzyza »

I went for the AEM and Bosch sensor, no calibration needed. No problems.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

I think they are referring to a minimum of 2 feet.
Danbob

Post by Danbob »

Yes that is what they mean

The bottom of the downpipe isn't two feet from the turbo, hence the question.

Return to “Modifications”