Heat cycling r888s

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

auzzam

Heat cycling r888s

Post by auzzam »

Hi guys,

Happy new year

Just looking to buy some r888s ahead of summer. I had a question about heat cycling.

Can you do this without going to the track first? From what I've read you should bring them up to temperature and allow the tyres to cool for 24-48 hours.

My questions are:

1) is it possible to heat cycle without going to a track day as I Won't be able to do a short stint and allow them to cool (will be using them all day)

2)when letting the tyres cool down, can I leave them on the car and therefore under load, or should I take them off?

Sorry just want to make sure I dont prematurley kill the tyres as they're pretty expensive!

Thanks in advance

\:D/
JD

Re: Heat cycling r888s

Post by JD »

Probably best to take it for an early morning drive somewhere you can do some quick acceleration and moderately heavy braking and then park it up/just cruise about for the next day or so at some point before you track it :thumleft:
auzzam

Post by auzzam »

Thanks JD, and it wouldn't matter if the wheels are underload when left overnight or should I pull them off?
JD

Post by JD »

auzzam wrote:Thanks JD, and it wouldn't matter if the wheels are underload when left overnight or should I pull them off?

Over night will be fine, but if you're that worried you could pump them up to 40 psi while it's parked for peace of mind.

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”