[Mk2] [Turbo] Greddy e-manage blue

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

rossonza
Premium Member

[Mk2] [Turbo] Greddy e-manage blue

Post by rossonza »

I've had this thrown in with the mr2 ive been given for free.

is it only worth installing this on a modified car? or will I be ok installing it on the stock car.

im unsure if its a full after market ecu or just a piggyback for more features.

Ross.
alanmr2turbo

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Greddy e-manage blue

Post by alanmr2turbo »

just a piggyback fuel management ECU
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

if you have the full loom, the E-manage blue can also do ignition timing.

it's old tech, and basic but it works, you can still buy it brand new and it's still supported by GReddy.

http://www.greddy.com/tech-support/e-manage/

there's loads of info online but in short it does 16x16 fuel adjustment map, ignition timing control, allows use of larger injectors, boost limit (fuel cut) adjustment, basic datalogging etc..

it's not *that* far off what a power FC will do tbh, only for 1/4 of the cost

the E-manage ultimate is newer, and a lot better - better than the PFC imo
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

C35Rob wrote:if you have the full loom, the E-manage blue can also do ignition timing.

it's old tech, and basic but it works, you can still buy it brand new and it's still supported by GReddy.

http://www.greddy.com/tech-support/e-manage/

there's loads of info online but in short it does 16x16 fuel adjustment map, ignition timing control, allows use of larger injectors, boost limit (fuel cut) adjustment, basic datalogging etc..

it's not *that* far off what a power FC will do tbh, only for 1/4 of the cost

the E-manage ultimate is newer, and a lot better - better than the PFC imo

good for some basic power mods then. sounds ideal especially as it was thrown in with the car for free (also got the car for free)
tiff_lee

Post by tiff_lee »

In order to connect to it via a laptop you'll need a usb serial adapter like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/USB-to-TTL-S ... SwZ8ZXCx5Z

then just put another USB A male end on it. There are various revisions of the software online along with firmware although some of the details are sketchy, I should have a load of bookmarks somewhere.

If you're on a budget you can use it as a electronic boost controller as well, it has a fuel map for a fifth injector (called something like that) and you can use it to operate a boost solenoid you just need to 'experiment' in order to determine what the duty cycle value in the fuel map actually equates to in terms of boost pressure.
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

tiff_lee wrote:In order to connect to it via a laptop you'll need a usb serial adapter like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/USB-to-TTL-S ... SwZ8ZXCx5Z

then just put another USB A male end on it. There are various revisions of the software online along with firmware although some of the details are sketchy, I should have a load of bookmarks somewhere.

If you're on a budget you can use it as a electronic boost controller as well, it has a fuel map for a fifth injector (called something like that) and you can use it to operate a boost solenoid you just need to 'experiment' in order to determine what the duty cycle value in the fuel map actually equates to in terms of boost pressure.

thank you. I've got a usb to serial cable lying around somewhere from my mx5 and megasquirt build.

I like the sound of electronic boost controller..... ideally would want switchable boost on switches in the dash. like you say, perhaps id have to engineer the 5th injector to act as a "High boost" function when a button is pressed/switch toggled.
tiff_lee

Post by tiff_lee »

Wouldn't be hard to use the 5th injector output for high boost only just wire the signal line via the switch to the solenoid but other then that you could only have a set duty cycle for a given rpm.
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

tiff_lee wrote:Wouldn't be hard to use the 5th injector output for high boost only just wire the signal line via the switch to the solenoid but other then that you could only have a set duty cycle for a given rpm.

looks like ive got a potential plan then :-) cheers!
tiff_lee

Post by tiff_lee »

Like I said before i've not done it myself and I bought a profec EBC anyway but the functionality is there or so i've read. I have about a dozen bookmarks on the emanage blue I can send you there may be some useful stuff in there.
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

tiff_lee wrote:Like I said before i've not done it myself and I bought a profec EBC anyway but the functionality is there or so i've read. I have about a dozen bookmarks on the emanage blue I can send you there may be some useful stuff in there.

Sure would be great if you don't mind. :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”