[Mk2] [Turbo] Defi BF Boost gauge issue

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GTMatt

[Mk2] [Turbo] Defi BF Boost gauge issue

Post by GTMatt »

Wondering if anyone has experience in this or similar story with a fix, my defi boost gauge decided to freeze today at-0.4, even when powered off and removed it stuck at -0.4?

note its one of the original types not the advance bf.

cheers
shinny

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Defi BF Boost gauge issue

Post by shinny »

"Original" Defi goes back a fair way... are you sure you don't mean BF Link meter?

Anyway, Defis work off stepper motors. To have stuck in a certain place with power both on and off would likely require a mechanical issue causing the needle to stick. Might not be able to do anything about it without disassembling the gauge (which isn't as tricky as it first sounds).
GTMatt

Post by GTMatt »

It's the gauges associated with the control unit v1, guessing the bf link meter. I took the gauge apart and rightly or wrongly moved the needle to the stop pin plugged it back in and nothing. Seems pretty goosed. Short of totally disassembling I don't know what to do, but even if I do take it apart not sure what to look for anyway.
shinny

Post by shinny »

GTMatt wrote:It's the gauges associated with the control unit v1, guessing the bf link meter. I took the gauge apart and rightly or wrongly moved the needle to the stop pin plugged it back in and nothing. Seems pretty goosed. Short of totally disassembling I don't know what to do, but even if I do take it apart not sure what to look for anyway.

Oh, are they the ones that light up green then?

No problem with moving the needle at all, the stepper motor will just recalibrate. (That's what the opening sequence is for... it's not too look pretty, it's to male sure the needle is at the right place!)

Does the gauge light up as normal? Do you hear sounds when power is applied?
GTMatt

Post by GTMatt »

Gauge lights up but doesn't do the calibration sequence and just sits there :-k
shinny

Post by shinny »

GTMatt wrote:Gauge lights up but doesn't do the calibration sequence and just sits there :-k

Sounds like a power problem then... have you got more than one gauge? Could you plug it into the other location and see if the cable is at fault?
GTMatt

Post by GTMatt »

Yeh got three others, I'll try it using a different cable at the weekend. Probably a long shot though but fingers crossed.

Return to “Modifications”