www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] AMF wiring

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bear87
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] AMF wiring Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi guys I can't seem to source any consistent information on this I hope you can help!
I have a 92 rev2 tubby and I only have 3 wires to my afm. Judging on the previous owners work I would fully believe he would have just cut a wire because he didn't know where it belongs!

Does anyone have a basic diagram showing wire colours and where the wiring goes too and from (incase I have to run new wires)?

Thanks chaps
Pauln
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 31

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi
I've never taken mine apart to check, but from this diagram it looks as though you should have more than two wires:

Hope that helps.
Paul

Last edited by Pauln on Mon May 15, 2017 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bear87
Premium Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thanks Paul that's best wiring diagram I have seen!
I have 3 wires but it looks a bit iffy
I bought a new amf as mine was miles out of its test range but still having issues
Pauln
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 31

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

so 1 missing then for some reason. Have you checked the adjustment of the screw on the top of the AFM body.

There should be a number stamped on the body near the screw. You simply add a one to this and that's the correct depth for the screw to be wound into for that particular AFM.

Eg. if the number is 49 the top of the screw should be 14.9mm below the top of the AFM body.

Paul
Bear87
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yea I actually replaced my afm a while ago as tested miles out, new one made an improvement but seems to be one thing in a long long list of problems to work through

Cheers
Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: