www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Tyres

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK3 2000-2007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ancient mariner

Feedback Score: 39

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Tyres Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Evening all. After a six year lay off from the mr2 scene due to my hobby of fly fishing,I have now purchased a mk3 as a second car. The car is a 2001 silver SMT and although I read all the scare stories with regard to the pre-cat
oval bore,and box problems,with only 69000 miles and a full service history plus a reasonable price,I deceided to take a chance.
The first thing I need to sort out is the tyres all have excellent tread but having a different make on each corner is as we know a big no no.I have looked on the roadster forum but as always with tyres find conflicting advice.
So am looking to see what you fine chaps recommend.
Thanks.
Paul.
pistol pete
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 27

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

As long as you go staggered. It's down to personals choice..
The best you can afford..
Goodyear
Michelin
Pirelli

Any like that
pistol pete
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 27

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I personally go bridge stone re02
ancient mariner

Feedback Score: 39

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thanks for the reply Pete,mostly ran 17's on my previous mk2's and went for goodyear formula 1's, however on the early mk3 their is not a lot of choice with the standard wheel setup, after a lot of searching and deliberation I have ordered a set of Falkan ZE 914's which are being fitted tomorrow.
Paul.
mr2carol

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Finding my Yokohamas good, even in the winter/wet.
Bahnstormer

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yoko AD08R's are available in stock sizes and are great for summer and wet.... I try not to take them out when there's ANY chance of ice though....
excalibur1814

Feedback Score: 1

2000 Toyota MR2 Mk3 Roadster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: yay Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Two of my previously owned Mk3s had Toyo Proxes T1-R. I love the tyre.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 202

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Best tyres I've experienced are the Michelin ps4s and Pirelli rossos, the latter I have on a 450bhp, 4 wheel drive car and they still have 6+mm thread after 3500 miles. Hold the power around corners and in the wet, can't really fault them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK3 2000-2007 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: