[FINALIZED] Rev3 red T-bar Turbo, KO racing Precision turbo. £4650

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

afennell
IMOC Organiser

Rev3 red T-bar Turbo, KO racing Precision turbo. £4650

Post by afennell »

Time has come to sell my baby.

I have owned her for around 11 years, always garaged during this time and used as a weekend car during nice weather, so rust free.

I have a large binder full of receipts from me and the previous owner (also an imoc member)
Cambelt has just been replaced during the last Mot a month or so ago including new water pump.

She is running a KO racing Street brawler kit that uses a precision turbo.
It runs an external wastegate that directs back into the downpipe so not causing any noise issues, I have only run this kit at 1 bar of boost. This is an amazing kit, the garage that fitted it commented on how well engineered it is.

http://www.koracing.net/viewproduct.php ... roduct=187

She has 17” wheels, plenty of life left on all tyres.

New pads front and back, braided brake hoses all round.
Carbotech just fitted to the front.

Front and back strut braces.
Apexi induction
Blitz dump value
Uni chip with boost module
Lowering springs
TRD engine mounts
GReddy intercooler with spl fan and shroud running constantly.
Rogue engine lid fans running off a switch in the cabin.
Rogue low rise quad headlights.
Berk exhaust, sounds great but not too loud.

Clifford concept alarm and immobiliser with remote start, fully closure and certificate.

Currently I have a set of Recaro Speed seats on genuine Recaro rails. I might be interested in selling these separately for £ + a good set of half leather seats.

The front bumper has been smoothed over and sprayed with clear side lights along with toblerones removed.

The car has been well maintained and serviced. Including new rear callipers and handbrake cables.

This is a great turn key car, numerous parts replaced over the years including shocks ( running black bilsteins), handbrake cables, callipers, all ignition components including coil and igniter.

I will post some pics up over the weekend, she is located in Witham Essex and I’m looking for £4650

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4JVmI ... haring[img][/img]
Last edited by afennell on Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 8 times in total.
SonicSW20

Re: [FINALIZED] Rev3 red T-bar Turbo, KO racing Precision turbo. £4650

Post by SonicSW20 »

Big spec for the asking price (too cheap IMO!), it's a lovely car all round :thumleft:
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Post by afennell »

Gazza_DJ wrote:Big spec for the asking price (too cheap IMO!), it's a lovely car all round :thumleft:

Maybe, im not sure how to price her.

There is also a Kenwood flip screen with savnav, Bluetooth, hands free, ipod connectivity options installed. :thumleft:
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

If your Kenwood flip screen is anything like mine know it cost a pretty penny. I'd sell that separately.

More detail about the engine please like who mapped it I'm assuming it's on OEM internals?

Looks very tidy, i too agree maybe underpriced.glws.
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Post by afennell »

Odin_S wrote:If your Kenwood flip screen is anything like mine know it cost a pretty penny. I'd sell that separately.

More detail about the engine please like who mapped it I'm assuming it's on OEM internals?

Looks very tidy, i too agree maybe underpriced.glws.

It did cost a bit, I remember purchasing the head unit with the Bluetooth and ipod modules, and having to save up for the satnav unit.
Its a Kenwood KVT-522DVD.

she is still running standard internals and fuelling. I have a wide band air fuel meter gauge in the car, and she is in the 10's when running full boost (1 bar) so plenty of fuel being delivered.

She was mapped by a guy that used to run a garage called engine advantages that are sadly no longer around.

I'm going to re-thing the price, maybe take the seats out. Any suggestions on the price?
stuMR2lee

Post by stuMR2lee »

Too cheap Adam for a great car that's been so well looked after.

GLWS
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Please could you PM me what you'd be after for the seats?
Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

Any pics of interior ? I'm looking at a couple of turbos or a v6 conversion. This looks nice.

Apparently the leather bucket seats from the later gen Celica will drop in. They look nice and don't cost mega bucks.
timmy2take

Mr2 for sale

Post by timmy2take »

PM
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Considering how much standard rev 3 turbos are going for this is a total bargain :shock:

If i was mr2less i would snap your fingers off for it, mostly for the T-bar though :-$

What is the turbo on the car, the link shows different turbos and a/rs etc. ?

If that was my car i'd be looking for at least £5500 - £6000 and waiting until march before advertising :wink:

p.s. turbo kit, intercooler and exhaust are worth more 2nd hand than half your asking price, just saying :eye:
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Post by afennell »

Martin F wrote:Considering how much standard rev 3 turbos are going for this is a total bargain :shock:

If i was mr2less i would snap your fingers off for it, mostly for the T-bar though :-$

What is the turbo on the car, the link shows different turbos and a/rs etc. ?

If that was my car i'd be looking for at least £5500 - £6000 and waiting until march before advertising :wink:

p.s. turbo kit, intercooler and exhaust are worth more 2nd hand than half your asking price, just saying :eye:

point taken, I'm finding it hard to let the car go as well. Im going to have a re think on the price. :
Thank you all for the nice comments.
muckyman

Post by muckyman »

numpty question - on this turbo set up whats the advantage over standard as it currently sits? Better spool? More power? (how much?) or simply more attainable with further mods?
ta
Michael
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Post by afennell »

muckyman wrote:numpty question - on this turbo set up whats the advantage over standard as it currently sits? Better spool? More power? (how much?) or simply more attainable with further mods?
ta
Michael

Good question, I'm not very technical but understand it to be the following,
The kit produces about the same / more power at 1 bar of boost then the standard ct20 did at 1.2.
The intake tempuratures should also be lower as the ct20 is maxed at 1.2.
Spool times are about the same, the turbo is bigger but also 20 years newer with development, also it's a ball bearing turbo.

I suppose the main advantage is future proofing if you wanted more power safely, and reliably.

With the trial wastegate also makes controlling boost allot more reliable.
Some hybrid turbos suffer with over boosting.
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Non-Member

Return to “MR2s for Sale”