www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Signal yellow (567)

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kurkjones
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Signal yellow (567) Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Anyone know if this paint is still available anywhere?
aussieGT

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Signal yellow (567) Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

kurkjones wrote:
Anyone know if this paint is still available anywhere?

AFAIK Halfrauds can make up any combination of paint you want. If they can do it can't see why it can't be done elsewhere.
auzzam
Premium Member

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

+1 on the custom

I got my yellow (576) custom mixed for 13, just gave them the paint code. The match was spot on for my spoiler.
kurkjones
Premium Member

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Nice one thanks, auzzam and thanks aussieGT. will see where my nearest is [Very Happy]
abovetherim

Feedback Score: 4

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Check online whether the nearest halfords to you makes up paint as not all of them do. Other options are paint4u online or numerous others. Just be aware that it will be 1K acrylic and will need lacquer over the top.
I've used nu-gane paints off eBay and they are good but I've not had them colour mix anything for me, just their colours and 2K lacquer in a can.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 202

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

http://www.leonardbrooks.co.uk/

They will colour match for you and provide better spray cans than the likes of halfords.
Yellow though is a colour that suffers from sunburn so to get an exact colour match may be difficult [Think]
kungfucop

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Just keep in mind factory oem paint is only single stage (i.e. no clear coat) and as others have said, suffers from fading. Are you spraying a small part/section or the whole car?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: