www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] FRONT FOG LIGHT BULB???

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manuelk1
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] FRONT FOG LIGHT BULB??? Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Been searching for a long time trying to find out what type of bulb it is to replace the front fog light bulb. Anyone help? [thumleft]
Pauln
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 31

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

JDM Steering fogs take an H3c lamp which has two connectors on the rear.

The more common H3 lamp, which I believe is fitted to UK n/a models, only has one connector on the rear.

I'm afraid I don't know if non steering JDM fogs use the H3c or the H3.

Paul
manuelk1
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thanks for the response buddy. I think the best thing to do is take the fog light out and have a look for myself so I order the right one [thumleft]
Pauln
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 31

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

If you've not taken them off before the screws can be real pain to remove and you may have to resort to drilling them out, being careful not to damage the plastic housing.

I replaced the screws with alan bolts on mine to make life a bit easier in future. Which was just as well. When I recently fitted night breaker bulbs in the headlamps, it made the fogs look distinctly yellowish in comparison, so I'll be changing the lamps on the fogs soon to get a better match.

Paul
madbasshunter
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 96

1991 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Normal H3 bulbs will work in the steering fogs if you just add an earth wire

Then you can put the new wires lucar connector into the earth wire that was on bulb and the positive one to the H3 bulb (I forgot to take a finished result picture when I fitted the PIAA bulbs [d'oh!] )

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic [Shocked]
rev3gtturbo

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

JDM rev3 steering fog lights use a H3c bulb. I needed them last year and they were difficult to find so I ordered them from Toyota no problem.

If you stay with H3C bulbs, it will help the fog light beam alignment if you do the job with the steering wheel straight. If you forget to do that, when you switch on the fog lights in steering mode they will be offset to one side. (To get them straight again, put the switch in the straight ahead position, straighten the steering wheel and pull the Fog lamp fuses to reset the centred position for steering mode).

Good idea to see what is currently fitted before ordering bulbs as a previous owner may have done a mod like the one Pauln did. Highly likely will need to drill out the screws to get the fog lights out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: